Comp Sci Teacher in Colorado Springs Seeking a New Position in the Area

My campus has decided to focus on BioMed and Engineering as Academies and cut Comp Sci due to decreasing campus enrollment. I need to stay in the Colorado Springs area.

I was previously a physics teacher but currently teach PLTW CS Essential, PLTW CS Cybersecurity, IB Comp Sci SL, and Comp Apps 1 & 2. I have taught AP CSP and went through the training for AP CS A. IB SL is also usually taught in Java.

All my courses are tied to college credit and industry certifications from CDE's CDIP List. I host four after-school clubs: National Technical Honor Society, Coding Club, Cybersecurity Competition Team, and Strategy Gaming Club. I am qualified to teach all 7-12 Math and Science courses in Colorado and Texas. I also have SPED and ESL certs in Texas.

I am the chair of our district's Comp Sci Advisory Board. I have been asked for next year to be the Comp Sci / Cybersec SME for the Pike Peak Business & Education Alliance.

Mark Grohman
https://www.linkedin.com/in/markgrohman/
[email protected]

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
Germany
www.linkedin.com
Hello Mark,
i wish you good luck with finding a new job.
Reading this the first time, was:
That sounds like CompTIA, so many Acronyms..
Second: You won in the IT-Buzzword Bingo.

But is that not a little bit to much information for a semi-public Forum.
I mean, if someone knows a position, or wanna know more, they can contact you for more information...

Hope you still have time to find a new role.

Michael

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    My campus has decided to focus on BioMed and Engineering as Academies and cut Comp Sci due to decreasing campus enrollment. I need to stay in the Colorado Springs area.

I was previously a physics teacher but currently teach PLTW CS Essential, PLTW CS Cybersecurity, IB Comp Sci SL, and Comp Apps 1 & 2. I have taught AP CSP and went through the training for AP CS A. IB SL is also usually taught in Java.

All my courses are tied to college credit and industry certifications from CDE's CDIP List. I host four after-school clubs: National Technical Honor Society, Coding Club, Cybersecurity Competition Team, and Strategy Gaming Club. I am qualified to teach all 7-12 Math and Science courses in Colorado and Texas. I also have SPED and ESL certs in Texas.

I am the chair of our district's Comp Sci Advisory Board. I have been asked for next year to be the Comp Sci / Cybersec SME for the Pike Peak Business & Education Alliance.

Mark Grohman
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/markgrohman/
    [email protected]
    Mark - We do need to link up at some point for coffee, mate. Not sure what's out in the area, but I'll keep an eye open...

/r