Completed SEC+ Course awaiting voucher

There are some additional requirements to get vouchers, one of which is generally completing the videos within a couple of weeks of when the live TTT sessions occurred. Steven Schneiter is the correct POC who can clarify the requirements to receive a voucher.
The actual rule for vouchers is that an attendee complete all the sessions of a Series from the start, either live or on demand, through two weeks after the end of the last session to be eligible for a complimentary voucher.

Security+ 601 began on Feb 16, 2021 and went through to March 18. The two week period ended April 1, 2021, so if you weren't finished by then, you wouldn't be eligible, I'm afraid.

The sessions are left on On24 into perpetuity so folks can go back and reference them if they need to do so.

/r

Doug Hemphill

Nov 5, 2022
Ok so what are my options, did I just waste my time going through this course? I ready this material? Seems not right. Please tell what are my next steps in obtaining my SEC+ voucher? I am confused, There are no live courses that I see for SEC+, so what is one to do?

Thanks
Doug Hemphill
Professor
DeVry University

Hi Doug: I'm afraid your options here are to either talk to your Business Development Manager (pretty sure DeVry has one) or procure one yourself at cost. If organization is a CAPP Academic partner, vouchers should be available from your BDM.

/r

Joel M

Aug 7, 2019
The actual rule for vouchers is that an attendee complete all the sessions of a Series from the start, either live or on demand, through two weeks after the end of the last session to be eligible for a complimentary voucher.

Security+ 601 began on Feb 16, 2021 and went through to March 18. The two week period ended April 1, 2021, so if you weren't finished by then, you wouldn't be eligible, I'm afraid.

The sessions are left on On24 into perpetuity so folks can go back and reference them if they need to do so.

/r
Mr. Butler, In this case I think this applies :
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data.
Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories,
instead of theories to suit facts.” - Sherlock Holmes

Mr. Butler, In this case I think this applies :
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data.
Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories,
instead of theories to suit facts.” - Sherlock Holmes
That always is the case, Joel, no matter the case.

"Data, data, data...I cannot make bricks without clay." -- Sherlock Holmes

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    Hi @Doug Hemphill that is correct, that the Security+ TTT is past the date for free voucher from CIN. The next live session for Security+ will be next October for Security+ SY0-701. With that said I am going connect you with your BDM and they should be able to assist with a voucher. I do not think you wasted your time going through the on-demand sessions.

Doug Hemphill

Nov 5, 2022
    Hi Doug: I'm afraid your options here are to either talk to your Business Development Manager (pretty sure DeVry has one) or procure one yourself at cost. If organization is a CAPP Academic partner, vouchers should be available from your BDM.

/r
    Hi Rick, I will follow up my faculty manager, just seems foolish to do an online on demand class that gives you no credits to get the voucher, `what are the rules?' Who establishes the rules?

Thanks
    Doug

Hi Rick, I will follow up my faculty manager, just seems foolish to do an online on demand class that gives you no credits to get the voucher, `what are the rules?' Who establishes the rules?

Thanks
    Doug
    Well, the rules for Train the Trainer are managed by CompTIA, itself. The voucher, as I can tell, are an incentive to have instructors participate in the Train the Trainer series, live. After that, there's no real benefit to CompTIA so I can definitely see not continuing to issue vouchers for just anyone who watches the sessions on-demand.

I don't think it's foolish to do the sessions, after the fact. If they help the person who watches them, then it's useful. I find the networking aspect with other instructors far more valuable than getting a voucher, and would (and do participate) even if there were no freebees at all.

I have commented unapologetically about doing TTT's just to get the free voucher. But if that's the only value people realize in doing TTT's is to get something for free, then I would submit that a voucher for active, live participation is an equivalent exchange.

As for the on-demand class offering "no credit", well, each session is generally 2 CEUs, which represent an hour of activity. Various organizations interpret CEUs in their own way, so their policies would come to bear.

If you have another view, I'd recommend posting them here in the Community. From there, the decision makers at CompTIA will see it and decide if they have merit.

/r

I’m looking forward to SY0-701!!! I missed the free voucher because I didn’t know the rules. I learned the rules through this forum. It was my first Train-the-Trainer and I took it a month after the voucher qualification deadline.
    This time around you will qualify for the voucher 😃