CompTIA Exam Discount Codes?

Randy Shelton

Oct 4, 2020
In the past Academic Partners were able to receive discount codes for the CompTIA exams. However, now we cannot get the codes. Trying to figure out why. Any attempt to get answers, well.... there are none. In the previous year, requesting the codes only took a day or two. Now, we have been requesting for weeks and still no resolution. We have numerous students waiting to test and without the discount codes, financially, there is no way for them to test otherwise. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

In the past Academic Partners were able to receive discount codes for the CompTIA exams. However, now we cannot get the codes. Trying to figure out why. Any attempt to get answers, well.... there are none. In the previous year, requesting the codes only took a day or two. Now, we have been requesting for weeks and still no resolution. We have numerous students waiting to test and without the discount codes, financially, there is no way for them to test otherwise. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Sounds like you really may need to reach out to your Business Development Manager. We don't see them that much here on CIN, so I'm going to tag in @Stephen Schneiter - he should be able to put you in touch with yours. Generally, it's good to touch base with your BDM at least once every six months and I'm quite certain that your BDM will help you get your situation resolved, if he/she knows what's up.

I do know there has been some rearranging with respect to BDMs in the last year (ours changed this year), along with a lot of personnel reshuffling at CompTIA with the incorporation of the TestOut folks, changes in company approach, all that fluid organic stuff.

Anyway, Stephen...?

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    I did speak with @Brian.Matzelle about the issues and he said they are working on the vouchers and apologizes for the delay in receiving them. He will reach out to again with an update.

Reactions: Rick Butler
    We have been using the academic store - discounted vouchers for students: https://academic-store.comptia.org/...facetValueFilter=tenant~user-type:individual&
    @Randy Shelton - That's what we do as well. Probably much better that way so the orders can be tracked in the system. Are you still doing e-mail / paper / pdf orders?

Make sure you're signed in with your CompTIA account associated with your Academic Partnership, so the pricing for seats is adjusted and you see the products for which you're eligible.