CompTIA Instructor

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
Cleveland, Ohio
What do i need to become a CompTIA Project+ instructor?
There aren't any specific guidelines. Personally - I will only teach things that I hold current certifications for, have at least 1 certification above (if there is an actual pathway), and have something from a competitor organization. I also want to go through all the materials the organization uses, including labs and exercises. At a minimum go through all of the CertMaster materials so I can recommend them to the organization and speak to their quality. For example, before I'd be comfortable teaching Project+ I would want the newest version of the certification, have gone through all the materials, and have certifications like Scrum Master, Agile Master, PMP, etc. I'd rather be overqualified then underqualified. I need to make sure I'm prepared to answer student questions.

Kevin Kamanga

Mar 15, 2023
There aren't any specific guidelines. Personally - I will only teach things that I hold current certifications for, have at least 1 certification above (if there is an actual pathway), and have something from a competitor organization. I also want to go through all the materials the organization uses, including labs and exercises. At a minimum go through all of the CertMaster materials so I can recommend them to the organization and speak to their quality. For example, before I'd be comfortable teaching Project+ I would want the newest version of the certification, have gone through all the materials, and have certifications like Scrum Master, Agile Master, PMP, etc. I'd rather be overqualified then underqualified. I need to make sure I'm prepared to answer student questions.
Great advice , I do train PMP and Prince2 . Thank You