CompTIA Looking for Online Adjunct Instructors

Stephen P

Aug 7, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Hello.

I am reaching out because I am looking for additional instructors to teach A+, Net+ and Security + online and was hoping you might know of peers or colleagues that you could recommend. We have several classes this summer/fall that I need additional instructors to fill. If you know of anyone that would be interested and qualified, can you let me know? It would be contract work and pay is consistent for all instructors at $600 a week for each class.

Thanks you so much!

Blythe
[email protected]

Blythe Girnus| Director, Education and Events
Cell: 630.710.6643 | CompTIA.org
Get the latest IT business and career advice from CompTIA

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
the Netherlands
www.kilala.nl
I've recently been teaching defensive programming / hacking classes (both classroom and online), so I'd love to also start teaching Security+ online. But unfortunately the rates you mentioned are not viable for me. Most importantly: as you will know, teaching a class is about much more than just that single week spent teaching.

On the other hand, it could also be the other way around: maybe my consulting rates are unrealistic for technical training.

Reactions: Stephen P

Stephen P

Aug 7, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Ahmad, you need to use the contact information I posted in the announcement. I am not the program manager. I am just an instructor sharing an opportunity.

With that said, I would guess you have correctly interpreted what Blythe said. It would appear to me that it would be $1200 per course (or $2400 in the case of the 4-week A+ course). That's not bad money for such short hours!

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
the Netherlands
www.kilala.nl
It would appear to me that it would be $1200 per course (or $2400 in the case of the 4-week A+ course). That's not bad money for such short hours!
Could you perhaps elaborate on that a little? Maybe I'm misunderstanding how this training is taught, but to me a week's training is 5*8 contact hours, plus the additional preparation time. How is that "short hours"?

Venkatesan Pillai

Jun 2, 2020
Could you perhaps elaborate on that a little? Maybe I'm misunderstanding how this training is taught, but to me a week's training is 5*8 contact hours, plus the additional preparation time. How is that "short hours"?
+1 . I too have the same question. What will be rate per hour fr CompTIA courses

Stephen P

Aug 7, 2019
San Antonio, TX
If you look at the link I posted, then you will see that the sessions are 3 hours per day. A+ Core 1, A+ Core 2, Network+, and Security+ are each 2 weeks of 3 hours per day.

Please do not forget to read all of the resources that have been posted. Also, please do not forget that Blythe is your point of contact, not me. I am just an instructor trying to help my fellow instructors find work.

Venkatesan Pillai

Jun 2, 2020
If you look at the link I posted, then you will see that the sessions are 3 hours per day. A+ Core 1, A+ Core 2, Network+, and Security+ are each 2 weeks of 3 hours per day.

Please do not forget to read all of the resources that have been posted. Also, please do not forget that Blythe is your point of contact, not me. I am just an instructor trying to help my fellow instructors find work.
Thanks for the information.

Reactions: Stephen P