Computer Tech History Lesson

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    Interested in sharing some computer history with your students? Ever wonder what Amazon looked like originally, or Microsoft Windows 3.0? Here is a history lesson website with screen shots, information, interviews and video about, the web, operating systems and games. It is truly a blast from the past!!

1596206090249.png

Haha...I have an old laptop still - a Packard Bell Diplomat that's running 3.11. I powered it up last year during a SpiceWorks Corps meetup. Still works! We had this great event where we did show-and-tell of the oldest piece of hardware we had.

When I was in the Army, I got exposed to this:

win2_0.png

This should be a fun thread....hope to see some other antiquities...

And @Stephen Schneiter - thanks for the website...

Don't forget that @Teresa Nash brought out the Wayback Machine during her TTT series...also a great time sink.

/r

I have actually used the Wayback Machine earlier this year with one of my daughters school projects.
    I an involved in a gaming community - one that's been around for about twenty years. I showed them the WBM to show them previous iterations of the site - a tribute to many hours of productivity sacrificed to destroying aliens or each other on the fields of gaming battle.

And then we sacrificed more productivity hours reliving how we wasted productivity hours.

/r