Confused on CertMaster Learning Solution Offerings for 1100 series

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
Cleveland, Ohio
Hello -

So I'm confused, and so are my superiors as to which product is what, especially regarding the new 1100 A+ series and which thing we should purchase for students. In the past, I think we have gotten CertMaster Practice (maybe?). I attached a screenshot. Students and I had access to the eBook, videos, practice lessons, and practice assessment. The labs were purchased separately from CompTIA but accessed through Skillable via comptialabs.learnondemand.net. (We would do the combined 1001 and 1002.)

Now there is an Integrated Product Learn + Labs. What does CertMaster Learn provide that Practice doesn't? I'm so confused. From how I'm reading it, the Authorized partner prices are the same for CertMaster Learn ILT and CertMaster Practice which confuses me even more.

Please help a poor confused instructor be able to tell their superior which product to buy in the cheapest way. Our program trains the unemployed using state funding, I wish we could go with the most and the best, but we need to go with the least expensive solution. At a minimum, we need labs, eBook, practice lessons, and practice assessments.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-07 083306.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-07 083306.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 6

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    Hey Abby:

The screenshot you posted is the eBook. While it's within the same platform, it's not CM Learn, Labs, or Practice. The UI does look the same, but they are very much different products. I ran into the same offering conundrums and @Jill Thielmann and others got me sorted back out.

So the first screen shot here is from the CASP+ CertMaster Learn, but they're functionally all the same. As you can see, there are some of the same categories, but at the top, it's not "ebook", but rather, Learning Plan. CM Learn is much different than the book. Many more practice questions and assessments.

1665155176375.png

The next exhibit here is CertMaster Practice - this is the engine for practice tests. It is JUST question and answer, with a minute amount of feedback for each question. Practice is only going to evaluate, not train. So you can't use CMP for everything.

1665155375157.png

Now, CM Labs are online labs that have been constructed in containers, primarily, that provide a way to get some hands on. Now @Penelope Johnson has been talking with us this week about that, since she's working to pull feedback into the A+ Workbench Labs. These are 3d simulators of various activities that are designed to get some kind of hands-on. I do recommend doing her survey and participating in those conversations. She's always good for feedback on CM Labs.

CM Learn & Labs is an integrated product with both Learn and Labs tied in. You can buy these together or separate, and for A+, either 1101, 1102, or both bundled together.

The last wrinkle asks the question if the buyer wants these products integrated into a Learning Management System/organizationally; these are the products marked "ILT". This is what brings out the Boost Dashboard - an integration overlay that allows instructors and administrators to evaluate progress of students from a group perspective. Obviously, single, independent learners will not benefit from integration, but academic institutions and training houses will.

Hopefully that explains it. @Jwehrle can back me up or correct me if I got something wrong. But I that is about the size of it.

/r

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Hey Abby:

The screenshot you posted is the eBook. While it's within the same platform, it's not CM Learn, Labs, or Practice. The UI does look the same, but they are very much different products. I ran into the same offering conundrums and @Jill Thielmann and others got me sorted back out.

So the first screen shot here is from the CASP+ CertMaster Learn, but they're functionally all the same. As you can see, there are some of the same categories, but at the top, it's not "ebook", but rather, Learning Plan. CM Learn is much different than the book. Many more practice questions and assessments.

View attachment 1061

The next exhibit here is CertMaster Practice - this is the engine for practice tests. It is JUST question and answer, with a minute amount of feedback for each question. Practice is only going to evaluate, not train. So you can't use CMP for everything.

View attachment 1062

Now, CM Labs are online labs that have been constructed in containers, primarily, that provide a way to get some hands on. Now @Penelope Johnson has been talking with us this week about that, since she's working to pull feedback into the A+ Workbench Labs. These are 3d simulators of various activities that are designed to get some kind of hands-on. I do recommend doing her survey and participating in those conversations. She's always good for feedback on CM Labs.

CM Learn & Labs is an integrated product with both Learn and Labs tied in. You can buy these together or separate, and for A+, either 1101, 1102, or both bundled together.

The last wrinkle asks the question if the buyer wants these products integrated into a Learning Management System/organizationally; these are the products marked "ILT". This is what brings out the Boost Dashboard - an integration overlay that allows instructors and administrators to evaluate progress of students from a group perspective. Obviously, single, independent learners will not benefit from integration, but academic institutions and training houses will.

Hopefully that explains it. @Jwehrle can back me up or correct me if I got something wrong. But I that is about the size of it.

/r
    Rick! You are wonderful! Thanks for the screenshots, they are very helpful. We decided we will do the Integrated Product CompTIA CertMaster Learn + Labs. I took the lab survey and am looking forward to the webinar regarding the labs.

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    Rick! You are wonderful! Thanks for the screenshots, they are very helpful. We decided we will do the Integrated Product CompTIA CertMaster Learn + Labs. I took the lab survey and am looking forward to the webinar regarding the labs.
    Aww, thanks! I'm glad it helped you!

Jwehrle

Staff member
    Nov 12, 2019
    Excellent thanks Rick! Abby, if you have any questions regarding the product please don't hesitate to ask. As you get closer to purchase or even need help in the decision making process, and would like to schedule a more formal demo, onboarding or training, we can make sure to get that scheduled as well. As our products continue to evolve, so does the availability of features, functionality and resources that are available to the Admins/Supervisors/Instructors/Mentors that will really help propel their programs to successful outcomes. I have listed our CertMaster Solutions partner link below, you can feel free to use this link to help schedule a session. We look forward to assisting in your journey and thanks for reaching out!

I'm throwing a late "THANK YOU!" to you @Rick Butler! I just asked my rep about these differences to clarify my understanding. I should have looked here first!
    Aww... that's awesome!

Your rep can definitely help get you what you need for your environment, no question there. But we also try to have a lot of answers for the community out here, probably because a question asked was probably asked by someone before. It's why we're here! Feel free to hit me up if I can help again.

/r

Jwehrle

Staff member
    Nov 12, 2019
    I'm throwing a late "THANK YOU!" to you @Rick Butler! I just asked my rep about these differences to clarify my understanding. I should have looked here first!
    Great to hear! The Partner Support team here at CompTIA works hand in hand with all of the CompTIA Reps as well, so please don't hesitate to ask any questions here as well and we will be happy to get you sorted out!