Connecting Professor Messer Security+ Videos with the Official CompTIA Instructor/Student Guide

In my effort to create structured learning content in a Canvas Learning Management System for a class this fall where I'm utilizing CompTIA's Official Student Guide and Labs for the Security+ (SY0-601), I'm planning to direct students to Professor Messer's videos that relate to this certification. In conjunction with this effort, I've developed a table (currently a work in progress) that identifies the videos, the exam objective (EO), and I'm going to work on tying the videos to their lesson location in the Guide. Appendix A in the Guide identifies items with their associated exam objective and ties the items to the specific lesson where they are discussed. For example, the term "dumpster diving" is tied to EO 1.1 and Lesson 4, Topic A (4A) in the Guide. Looking at the table, a video titled "dumpster diving" is listed as being tied also to EO 1.1. I will tie this video to 4A in the Guide.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this effort.

Steve

Adrienne Crosby

Nov 3, 2021
In my effort to create structured learning content in a Canvas Learning Management System for a class this fall where I'm utilizing CompTIA's Official Student Guide and Labs for the Security+ (SY0-601), I'm planning to direct students to Professor Messer's videos that relate to this certification. In conjunction with this effort, I've developed a table (currently a work in progress) that identifies the videos, the exam objective (EO), and I'm going to work on tying the videos to their lesson location in the Guide. Appendix A in the Guide identifies items with their associated exam objective and ties the items to the specific lesson where they are discussed. For example, the term "dumpster diving" is tied to EO 1.1 and Lesson 4, Topic A (4A) in the Guide. Looking at the table, a video titled "dumpster diving" is listed as being tied also to EO 1.1. I will tie this video to 4A in the Guide.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this effort.

Steve
I always direct my students to Professor Messer. HE ROCKS! CompTIA ROCKS! Tying them together is a recipe for success.

Adrienne Crosby, NUC-Florida Technical College

Reactions: Muhammad khan