CONTENT QUESTION

Peter Hanwith-Horden

Feb 3, 2021
SINCE THE A+ 2001 CORE1 SCSI HAS BE IN THE IN THE Curriculum and the 220-1101 while it has appeared both the 2001 and 220-1101 as some who also goes out to clients to sort their Desktop PCS I am yet I see one any where in the field once SATA came I am yet a physical with SCSI,

The last question I got book and the objectives covers IDE 40 pin cable. I think back I have had to work on most PCs with Sata , So I dont recall getting a machine to fix with scsi and IDE 40pin,

Can any share where we have these and don't make use of this ? in my filed work with desktops?

thanks
Peter

Reactions: James P.

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    SINCE THE A+ 2001 CORE1 SCSI HAS BE IN THE IN THE Curriculum and the 220-1101 while it has appeared both the 2001 and 220-1101 as some who also goes out to clients to sort their Desktop PCS I am yet I see one any where in the field once SATA came I am yet a physical with SCSI,

The last question I got book and the objectives covers IDE 40 pin cable. I think back I have had to work on most PCs with Sata , So I dont recall getting a machine to fix with scsi and IDE 40pin,

Can any share where we have these and don't make use of this ? in my filed work with desktops?

thanks
    Peter
    The exam objectives are created by Subject Matter Experts in the field and based off what is seen across industry. The objectives will cover both new technology and legacy. Also remember the objectives are updated every three years, which means to be on the lookout for updated A+ objectives the first part of 2025!

Last edited:

Peter Hanwith-Horden

Feb 3, 2021
    The exam objectives are created by Subject Matter Experts in the field and based off what is seen across industry. The objectives will cover both new technology and legacy. Also remember the objectives are updated every three years, which means to be on the lookout for updated A+ objectives the first part of 2025!
    Guys this was in 220-1001

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
    Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    Guys this was in 220-1001 so its been longer then 3 years
    OOOOHHHHH! Well you know, READING is a complicated task. Still, I am learning. :ROFLMAO:

But, to your point, I have not seen scsi devices when it comes to desktops since the 1990s, and that was mainly with Apple devices correct? You would see them a lot with servers. I do think you will come across the IDE 40/80 pin configurations in older PCs. I think I even have a few sitting around the house. But, yest in today's world that technology is being replaced. I do believe that the objectives are there to ensure that new generation of techs know that they may still be in production, and at least know what they are looking at when they see it. Kind of like the old Windows 7 machines that are out there still in use, because they just work. My two cents.

Reactions: Fanuel