Continuing Education

Rick Riddle

Jan 22, 2021
Does completing the Train the Trainer for the new version of a Certification cover Continuing Education requirements? I have a CISSP but the Comptia continuing education seems much more difficult to understand how to meet requirements. I am a full time IT Professional and I also teach college classes Comptia Security +, Palo Alto EDU 210, and coming soon Cisco Cyber Ops.

Reactions: Sivanesan

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    Does completing the Train the Trainer for the new version of a Certification cover Continuing Education requirements? I have a CISSP but the Comptia continuing education seems much more difficult to understand how to meet requirements. I am a full time IT Professional and I also teach college classes Comptia Security +, Palo Alto EDU 210, and coming soon Cisco Cyber Ops.
    Hello Rick (great name, btw!):

So yes, attending TTT does provide credit that you can use for the CompTIA CE program. I can't speak to other providers; you'd have to check.

If you look at a standard participation certificate, you'll see the certs for which a TTT will apply. For example, DataSys+ provides 1 CEU per hour for A+ and Cloud+. Remember that you have to be enrolled in the CompTIA CEU program (yearly dues requirement) to submit CEUs for renewal. It's a combination of activities that will get you there. And yes, if you take the TTT for a cert, it will count for CEUs towards renewing that particular cert as well.

Remember that with CompTIA, taking a cert test updates lower certs. For example, if you pass the Sec+, you'll renew for the Net+ and A+. The CEU program guides should provide more info on what certs renew for what.

HTH

/r

There are many pathways to renew CompTIA certs.
    - complete a training course (i.e. train-the-trainer sessions)
    - via CompTIA CertMaster
    - via higher CompTIA certs
    - via non-CompTIA IT-related certs

Kindly refer to this link for info re: CEUs (continuing education units)

I hope this helps!

I must admit, I'm curious about this too. I frequently get asked how the CEU works. For instance, does a LinkedIn post qualify as a blog for purposes of the CEU's. Last time my certs were up for renewal, I just sat the CASP instead. This time I'm looking at taking the CISSP or CISM as it qualifies for the full 75 CEU's required. It would be nice if there was a blog explaining the breakdown, so that it could be relayed to students.

Cancel ^ Read the above link :LOL:

Reactions: Jarrel