CTT+ excluded from online testing?

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
the Netherlands
www.kilala.nl
Hi there, g'day!

I'm currently prepping to take the CTT+ exams and am looking forward to the experience very much. I was surprised to see that CTT+ is excluded from the test-at-home online testing that will go live in about a week's time -> http://comptia.org/testing/online-testing-interest-form

Online testing is not available in China, Cuba, Iran, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Slovenia, Sudan, and Syria. Other exclusions include CTT+ and any site licenses.

I'm very curious as to why the theoretical part of the CTT+ examination would be excluded. It does not strike me as dissimilar to the other tests.

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    Did you manage to find any leads Stephen? For now it looks like CTT+ theoretical will simply not/never be available online.

Couple of things going on with this one. Actually just talked with the right person yesterday. So, it appears that CTT+ is not a super popular cert, the number are not very high for test takers. Therefore it was not at the top of the list to be converted over to the online testing engine. It is, however going to be moved over. I did not receive a date as to when that would be happening. Will keep updating as I hear more info.

Reactions: Salah