CTT+ Virtual Classroom Trainer Recording Requirements

Avery Ashley

Apr 12, 2022
Knoxville, TN
Hey, all!

I'm on my way to completing the CTT+ and am in the process of getting a good recording of a session. I taught a session that I'm really proud of, but I noticed that the chat does not show up within the recording. Is it a requirement for the TKO-203? If it is a requirement, does anyone know how to make sure it is picked up within the recording on Zoom?

Thanks for any assistance!

-Avery

Solution
Hey, all!

I'm on my way to completing the CTT+ and am in the process of getting a good recording of a session. I taught a session that I'm really proud of, but I noticed that the chat does not show up within the recording. Is it a requirement for the TKO-203? If it is a requirement, does anyone know how to make sure it is picked up within the recording on Zoom?

-Avery

is it a requirement - yes.

how to save the chat in zoom - see link: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004792763-Saving-in-meeting-chat

I hope this helps!

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
Cleveland, Ohio
I'm setting up to do my recording in 2 days. From my understanding, the chat needs to be there. I am using Zoom, and planning on using a screen capture program on another computer to do the recording as opposed to using Zoom's built-in recording feature. Zoom captures the chat - but as a separate text file.

Avery Ashley

Apr 12, 2022
Knoxville, TN
I'm setting up to do my recording in 2 days. From my understanding, the chat needs to be there. I am using Zoom, and planning on using a screen capture program on another computer to do the recording as opposed to using Zoom's built-in recording feature. Zoom captures the chat - but as a separate text file.
Thanks for the reply! Looks like I need to do another recording.

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    Hey, all!

-Avery

how to save the chat in zoom - see link: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004792763-Saving-in-meeting-chat

I hope this helps!

Solution

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    Another option is for you to use screen recording tool instead (echoing the post of Abby). This works well if you are using a single screen that shows screen share, the participants and the chat. if you got multiple screen, record the one that shows all tools.

No editing is allowed for the video submissions.

MS Teams is also good. If you save the meeting, the chat is saved separately from the video, much like with zoom.

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
    Cleveland, Ohio

I hope this helps!
    Zoom saves the chat - but as a separate text file. It is not visible in the recording. We use Zoom everyday for training classes.

I submitted my recording and paperwork yesterday. I had a second laptop that I signed into the Zoom meeting with. From that second laptop, I recorded the entire screen so it showed the chat, participant list, and the little boxes of people on webcam. I had issues with the size of the recording. Originally it was 2 GB. I used Microsoft Clipchamp to save it as 780p instead of 1080p and it took it down to about 900 MB. The online submission site has a limit of 1 GB. The paperwork does give an email address where you can ask questions and it says you can send a cloud file share link, but it doesn't say how to finish the submission that way. I sent the higher 1080p version via cloud file share link to the email address as well. Covering all the bases. If you have access to 2 computers, this was a good way to do things I felt. I had the sound from the recording laptop going through some earbuds. I had them sitting on the far side of the desk so I could pick them up and test the sound quality if I needed to. (With the screen capture program I couldn't mute the second computer because the program relied on the sound coming through the speaker and adjusted its volume with it, but I also didn't want the sound playing, that would have been way too distracting for me.)

Hopefully in 2-3 weeks it will all be good :) We'll see, I feel like I hit all of the points on the rubric, but my recording did go over in time. It did not capture the end of our exercise, but captured the beginning of it and some good discussion. Again, we'll see. The 17-22 minute time constraint was very difficult to work within.

Good luck @Avery Ashley !

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    Zoom saves the chat - but as a separate text file. It is not visible in the recording. We use Zoom everyday for training classes.

I submitted my recording and paperwork yesterday. I had a second laptop that I signed into the Zoom meeting with. From that second laptop, I recorded the entire screen so it showed the chat, participant list, and the little boxes of people on webcam. I had issues with the size of the recording. Originally it was 2 GB. I used Microsoft Clipchamp to save it as 780p instead of 1080p and it took it down to about 900 MB. The online submission site has a limit of 1 GB. The paperwork does give an email address where you can ask questions and it says you can send a cloud file share link, but it doesn't say how to finish the submission that way. I sent the higher 1080p version via cloud file share link to the email address as well. Covering all the bases. If you have access to 2 computers, this was a good way to do things I felt. I had the sound from the recording laptop going through some earbuds. I had them sitting on the far side of the desk so I could pick them up and test the sound quality if I needed to. (With the screen capture program I couldn't mute the second computer because the program relied on the sound coming through the speaker and adjusted its volume with it, but I also didn't want the sound playing, that would have been way too distracting for me.)

Hopefully in 2-3 weeks it will all be good :) We'll see, I feel like I hit all of the points on the rubric, but my recording did go over in time. It did not capture the end of our exercise, but captured the beginning of it and some good discussion. Again, we'll see. The 17-22 minute time constraint was very difficult to work within.

Good luck @Avery Ashley !
    Thanks for sharing @Abby N Krane
    And good luck with your video submission!

If the time exceeds the 22 minute mark, the assessors will only assess you up to that point, and I quote,
    "The entire recording should be between 17 and 22 minutes. If shorter than 17 minutes the submission will be rejected while submissions longer than 22 minutes will be accepted, but the scoring judges will not continue watching beyond the first 22 minutes."

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Thanks for sharing @Abby N Krane
    And good luck with your video submission!

If the time exceeds the 22 minute mark, the assessors will only assess you up to that point, and I quote,
    "The entire recording should be between 17 and 22 minutes. If shorter than 17 minutes the submission will be rejected while submissions longer than 22 minutes will be accepted, but the scoring judges will not continue watching beyond the first 22 minutes."
    Thanks! Just checked the cttsubmission site and I passed. It definitely didn't take the 2-3 weeks like they said to expect.

Now we know the screen capture method works and is acceptable.

Good luck @Avery Ashley !!!

Matthew Browne

• May 14, 2021
    Ireland
    www.focus-it.ie
    Thanks! Just checked the cttsubmission site and I passed. It definitely didn't take the 2-3 weeks like they said to expect.

Now we know the screen capture method works and is acceptable.

Good luck @Avery Ashley !!!
    Congratulations Abby well deserved

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
    Germany
    www.linkedin.com
    I am in Process of recording the Video. Like others, this is not so easy. Teams is not everything on one Screen. Even for 2nd Computer it does not show Video Preview and Chat at the same Time. need to find the best setting, since recording is usually not allow / not nessescary or done by the Traning Provider.. but these here is different..