DATA+ - a new CompTIA certification

Luca MC

• Dec 14, 2019
    Ireland
    baldoyletrainingcentre.ie
    Came to my attention in my inbox today a splash of comptia cooking a new certification: DATA+
    SQL and Python are among the disciplines in the exam objectives.Screenshot 2021-07-03 110144.jpg
    Would comptia ever consider a programming fundamentals certification now that is so important for both cloud and cybersecurity (more on the latter )
    What are your thoughts?

The problem is the lack of acceptance of certifications in the world of programmers and their potential employers. This evidences itself when you look at the lack of success Microsoft has had relative to its MCSD (Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer) line of certifications.

Walt Jaqua

Aug 16, 2019
    Plymouth, Indiana
    @Steve Linthicum , remember the Healthcare IT cert. It suffered the exact fate you are describing - lack of industry support and employer support. Maybe too far ahead of their time? Not sure. But I do know it was a great learning experience for students because we utilized the district's healthcare/dental instructors to teach the healthcare terminology and I taught the IT concepts. It was a beautiful marriage and our dual-credit university actually created a biomedical IT program to take our graduates.

I loved that Healthcare IT "certificate" (noting that for whatever reason it didn't carry the "certification" designation). I also enjoyed picking up a couple of certificates that were part of the Federal Government-funded HIT Pro program that never caught on and was eventually dropped.