Grading based on CompTIA Learn

Kelli Adam

Aug 13, 2019
Any advice or best practices for issuing grades based on CompTIA Learn information? It provides average for the Practice Questions and PBQs, which helps. But what if a student doesn't complete them all? And how does it relate to Curriculum that I put configured, which eliminates a few activities? Lastly, is there a Forum on here, or elsewhere, specifically for CompTIA Learn questions? Thank you!

We don't have a forum (that I can see) that specifically speaks to CompTIA Learn. You might just do as you've done and have it here on the Open Forum. From there, perhaps someone will have an answer. ;)

It's been a while since I ran through a CertMaster Learn course, but I would probably grade based on percentages complete. Since your objective that I can see is for the student to complete all the objectives, if they don't complete them, they don't get the percentage points for their grade. I'm not sure what you're asking with the "Curriculum that I put configured", point. But if it were me, I'd grade based on how much they've successfully completed by course end.

Does that help/make sense?

/r