Help- Filling out Virtual Submission Forms, and....

dlross

• Jun 9, 2023
    Hi everyone.

I'm going to be submitting my video I'm doing over the weekend on Monday, and I see on the form in part A, that they ask for a CompTIA Member/Partner Number, which is a 6 digit number. I am not working for anyone right now, and I suspect that is for whomever your employer is. They would have a CompTIA member number? If I don't have one, does it mean I can't finish this process? If I need one, do you know if there's a way for me to quickly obtain one?

Thanks,

DL Ross

Hi everyone.

I'm going to be submitting my video I'm doing over the weekend on Monday, and I see on the form in part A, that they ask for a CompTIA Member/Partner Number, which is a 6 digit number. I am not working for anyone right now, and I suspect that is for whomever your employer is. They would have a CompTIA member number? If I don't have one, does it mean I can't finish this process? If I need one, do you know if there's a way for me to quickly obtain one?

Thanks,

DL Ross
    I suspect if you are a member of CompTIA (able to log in at my.comptia.org), you can, perhaps, find your member number if you are not affiliated with a Partner. I would start there and see if that gets you what you need.

Otherwise, submit without it, maybe put something about it in Question 12 and hope for the best?

Good luck!

/r

Who is the entity asking for a 6 digit number? This may be the right answer to the wrong question, but...you can get your COMPTIA ID after successfully logging in at https://login.comptia.org/. You can also find it on a printed exam certificate. Mine starts with COMP then has 12 digits.

Reactions: Fanuel
    Who is the entity asking for a 6 digit number? This may be the right answer to the wrong question, but...you can get your COMPTIA ID after successfully logging in at https://login.comptia.org/. You can also find it on a printed exam certificate. Mine starts with COMP then has 12 digits.
    The form actually calls for two different numbers - the CompTIA Career ID (which, for some reason, I have two - I think either from partner affiliation or a merging of account data) and a six digit member number. If someone is a member of CompTIA or if someone is a member of a Partner organization, they will have a six digit number as well.

dlross

• Jun 9, 2023
    I suspect if you are a member of CompTIA (able to log in at my.comptia.org), you can, perhaps, find your member number if you are not affiliated with a Partner. I would start there and see if that gets you what you need.

Otherwise, submit without it, maybe put something about it in Question 12 and hope for the best?

Good luck!

/r
    I do contract work for a partner, so I'll probably have to go to them. Hopefully, they will agree to provide that partner number! I did email CompTIA to see if they would allow me to apply without the partner number. Thanks.

dlross

• Jun 9, 2023
    The form asks for it. It seems I might need for a CompTIA partner to sign off on this. Thanks.

I know. There is one problem- when I go to the page to upload this monster, it asks for a Registration ID. It's not on the instruction forms or the voucher. Do you know what that is?

Thanks for your help.
    I think that's the registration ID on your written test score report.