How to obtain a Comptia certified trainer certificate if i am a MCT and Netacad Instructor

Ankit Srivastav

Jul 19, 2024
Hello all,

Please if someone can suggest/guide me in my situation.

I do have my MCT and Netacad Instructor accreditation from last 7 years. Now planning to start a Comptia A+ batch, but the employer forced me to get a Trainer accreditation from
Comptia. Pls if anyone can help me with the process or possible ways to obtain it

Reactions: NATUNA

NATUNA

• Apr 9, 2020
    Viet Nam
    Hello all,

I do have my MCT and Netacad Instructor accreditation from last 7 years. Now planning to start a Comptia A+ batch, but the employer forced me to get a Trainer accreditation from
    Comptia. Pls if anyone can help me with the process or possible ways to obtain it
    Recently, CompTIA do not have any requirements to teach CompTIA courses for trainers, so you do not need the verification from CompTIA. Last year, CompTIA had a CTT+ certification for trainers but now it was expired and do not have replaced certification now.

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    To add on to that, there are some folk out there that would love to see it come back. Certifications, however, also come with a Return on Investment for CompTIA and CTT didn't make the cut with the number of people testing vs. the costs.

So, if there were a lot of folk, say out of this community, that would like to see it come back, I'm sure we could demonstrate a demand.

I think if CTT (or the like) were on a three year expiration/CE, that would probably help...if enough instructors and training houses found it valuable

But it does have to be in CompTIAs interests too, since they have to invest in development, marketing, and maintainance of any cert on the books.

/r

To add on to that, there are some folk out there that would love to see it come back. Certifications, however, also come with a Return on Investment for CompTIA and CTT didn't make the cut with the number of people testing vs. the costs.

So, if there were a lot of folk, say out of this community, that would like to see it come back, I'm sure we could demonstrate a demand.

I think if CTT (or the like) were on a three year expiration/CE, that would probably help...if enough instructors and training houses found it valuable

But it does have to be in CompTIAs interests too, since they have to invest in development, marketing, and maintainance of any cert on the books.

/r
    I agree. At the very least, require new CTT+ holders to earn a certain number of CEs every 3 years in order to meet certification requirements such as PMI-PMP. That way the only time it actually expires is when it's not renewed. There is nothing they can do to require it from legacy CTT+ certification holders but waive that requirement for us and offer us the opportunity to teach their courses and/or become SMEs. However, they can begin a new CTT+ program and draw returns from that. I wonder how much effort CompTIA has made to market the certification to ED-Tech, software, and cybersecurity companies for their trainer's to be certified. With my current employer, we need this as a requirement for our Trainer/Instructor candidates to possess for our Train-the Trainer (TTT) program and CompTIA would be perfect for that part of our program.

Last edited:

abiodun1991

• Mar 17, 2022
    Nigeria
    minazconsult.org
    Hello all,

Talk to @Stephen Schneiter @Rick Butler they may be of help

Jul 31, 2024
    Hello all,

Tell the employer: "CompTIA Certified Trainer/Instructor Accreditation does not exist at all, as it has been discontinued by CompTIA. End of story". You cannot bend the Universe in this case.

/r
    Yes, I am one of them. I passed the first exam but didn't get to take the second one before the second one was retired.

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    Yes, I am one of them. I passed the first exam but didn't get to take the second one before the second one was retired.
    No one told me that the teaching demo required me to do some video editing work... so there's an additional to that... maybe an expansion idea if CTT ever comes back...