How to update Certification Status on Certmetrics

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    Congrats on your latest achievement! Great job.

So what you should see is an entry under History that indicates you passed the exam.

You should also see your CE expiration date change under Certifications for the Security+ and all CE certs below it, such as the Network+ and A+ if you have them update to three years after you took your test. Higher certs, like PenTest+, CySA+ and CASP+ would not update.

I'm not sure how you would be certified out to 2025, though - it's usually a three year cycle.

/r

NATUNA

• Apr 9, 2020
    Viet Nam
    Congrats on your latest achievement! Great job.

So what you should see is an entry under History that indicates you passed the exam.

You should also see your CE expiration date change under Certifications for the Security+ and all CE certs below it, such as the Network+ and A+ if you have them update to three years after you took your test. Higher certs, like PenTest+, CySA+ and CASP+ would not update.

I'm not sure how you would be certified out to 2025, though - it's usually a three year cycle.

/r
    I don't know exactly the way that CompTIA extend the expired time. 2019 I get all certificates for Security Path, so when I have passed Pentest+ then Security+, Network+ (Expired time is 2022) are extended to 2025 included Pentest+.
    Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 07.42.25.png

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    I would have figured, at minimum, it would have updated your Security+ expiration, plus any CE program cert below to your testing date, plus three years. I don't think it would accumulate the time with whatever you had remaining., if I'm reading what you're saying correctly. /r

NATUNA

• Apr 9, 2020
    Viet Nam
    I would have figured, at minimum, it would have updated your Security+ expiration, plus any CE program cert below to your testing date, plus three years. I don't think it would accumulate the time with whatever you had remaining., if I'm reading what you're saying correctly. /r
    Yes, I have just passed Cloud+ and my Linux+ (2019) has been extended for 03 years from the date that I have passed the Linux+ (2025). It means that your previous certificates (can be renewed follow CompTIA policies) could be extended to 03 years from passed date with 02 ways:
    1./ If certificates are the same level (example: Linux+ and Cloud+) then extended date will be the date of first passed certificate (example with me is Linux+ 2019), and the new certificate is still 03 year valid time from passed time.
    Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 06.42.20.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 06.47.26.png
    2./ If certificates are the difference level (ex: Pentest+, Security+) then extended date will be the date of high level passed certificate (ex: Pentest+) PLUS more 03 years.
    Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 07.42.25.png

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    Reactions: Lee McWhorter