I have just received my Linux+ VOUCHER

How do I get access to the the study material and labs to prepare for exam?
Well, that depends...

If you are a CompTIA Partner, you can reach out to your Business Development Manager, who can then provide you with 30 day evaluations of the material. You'll want to check to see if your organization is affiliated Academic or Delivery, because there are differences in what might be available for you.

If you are an independent, I believe @Stephen Schneiter can connect you to a BDM - this is also the case for getting comp Vouchers during the Train-the-Trainer series.

And if these avenues are not available to you, and you're not wanting to go retail to get materials, I know for Linux+, there is a plethora of material available out on the net that can get you there. One thing that we say often around here in CIN* is Objectives + Google = Study Guide. I've personally studied for a number of certs by just walking through each domain, each objective, each key term (which is on the objectives document), by just Googling each one and mastering each concept. The Internet is my textbook, in other words.

While that may sound chintzy, for the more common exams like A+, Net+ and so forth, there is even free online (or near free) training through Cybrary and Udemy. Professor Messer even does training free on YouTube. And he's not the only one out there - there are plenty of folks looking for YouTube hits by offering free training.

And don't forget the Resources area (☝️up there) - where you'll find links to every Train-the-Trainer series we've done - they are all recorded. Now while you cannot get a voucher for watching all the sessions for those (you only can get one DURING the TTT window, as well as the comp training materials), you can watch those lectures as well - and they are quite good (just watch out for that Butler guy...he's a clown).

And of course, if you're stuck on something, you can always post a question on here and watch as every instructor in Creation swarms it like hungry piranha, offering their 2.5¢ in opinion.

So, that's the skinny. The world's your oyster, my friend. Go for it; come and join us certification addicts in our quest to 'get 'em all'! Or even better, helping each other get 'em all - since it's not a competition, but a cooperative game we play here, because we all win when one CIN member bags another cert. (I wish we could find a way to metric these as a means of cooperation, rather than competition).

/r

*hat tip @Stephen P

Reactions: Edna Chimpeni