Improve Your Writing: Authoring Website Content

Truth be told, I enjoy writing web-based articles even though the compensation is often non-existent. I guess that's the teacher in me who's spending less and less time in the classroom but wants to keep teaching. Recent authored content has been forwarded to Certification Magazine, one of the Noel Roberto Vallejo Media Group products (like GoCertify, TestOut), more than willing to publish articles I write. An example of what I've submitted that will be published on their website this month is attached. Having taught technical writing courses in the past, I often tell students the most effective way to improve their writing skills is to "write, write, write."

So, as an instructor, if you want to get your name out there, give article writing a try.

Steve

Attachments

• Home Network IoT Security.pdf
    174.1 KB · Views: 10

Patrick Asamago

Oct 2, 2021
Truth be told, I enjoy writing web-based articles even though the compensation is often non-existent. I guess that's the teacher in me who's spending less and less time in the classroom but wants to keep teaching. Recent authored content has been forwarded to Certification Magazine, one of the Noel Roberto Vallejo Media Group products (like GoCertify, TestOut), more than willing to publish articles I write. An example of what I've submitted that will be published on their website this month is attached. Having taught technical writing courses in the past, I often tell students the most effective way to improve their writing skills is to "write, write, write."

So, as an instructor, if you want to get your name out there, give article writing a try.

Steve
Thank you gor this

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com

Steve
    Thanks Steve.
    Many journals & magazines already got their tech writers.
    Any tips on how to get your articles across, and get published?

Thanks Steve.
    Many journals & magazines already got their tech writers.
    Any tips on how to get your articles across, and get published?
    It's not all that challenging getting your writings published, if they are designed to interest the intended audience and if they are free content for the publisher.

admar

Jan 18, 2022
    Luanda

Steve
    Thanks for share I was needed

I can attest to this. A long time ago, I used to write for Microsoft Certified Professional, later named Redmond magazine. I've written dozens of articles and product reviews and made a little scratch on the side as a result. In fact, it was because of that gig that I got some certification training materials back in the day that led me to getting my MCSE and Server+.

Writing and getting a name out there, on CIN, on Reddit, on SpiceWorks, LinkedIn or in the Microsoft communities have provided some additional opportunities for me as a professional.

I haven't written much formally since 2007 when I started teaching at the college level. But I do get requests from time to time for content. Maybe one day, I'll get back to scribbling again.

But if you or someone you know is looking for that experience and recognition, and maybe a few CEUs (you can earn those), well, break out that pen and give it the old college try.

Worked for me.

/r

SteveM

Sep 16, 2020
    London UK

Steve
    Thanks for this Steve

Steve
    Steve,

Thank you for your article. I never thought of using the guest network as a separate network for my wireless devices. My current network is segmented based on wireless and wired devices. Now, I will relocate several IoT devices to the guest network to segment my network with a third level.

Again, thank you

Larry
    =A=