In case you need a lab for introducing microservices & Kubernetes in a Linux+ or Cloud+ course

Outside of academia, I kube the netes as an SRE for 2 different companies in Waterloo, Canada.
Kubernetes isn't easy to explore, so I did up a quick blog with something that students respond very well to (I have steps for both Windows & macOS hosts in there):

Last edited:
Also, if you want to skip Section 1 on building a custom Docker image and pushing it to Docker Hub, you can use the image I made in that section throughout the remainder (jasoneckert/webapp on Docker Hub). While this webapp container is an ARM64-only container I made on an M1 Mac, it will actually run fine on an x64 Windows system that has Docker Desktop installed (because Docker Desktop also installs a Qemu layer when it integrates with WSL2). In other words, you can run ARM64 containers on x64 Windows systems without any issues or modifications provided that Docker Desktop is installed :)

Outside of academia, I kube the netes as an SRE for 2 different companies in Waterloo, Canada.
Kubernetes isn't easy to explore, so I did up a quick blog with something that students respond very well to (I have steps for both Windows & macOS hosts in there):
nice explanation and good content ...

Sukanya Suranauwarat

Aug 31, 2021
Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: jasoneckert

ibrahimm

• Dec 3, 2019
    Thanks for sharing

Innocent V. Mulula

Nov 10, 2021
    Thanks for sharing @jasoneckert

Rodney Maseko

• Feb 13, 2021
    thank you jasoneckert (y)

If anyone wants to watch me walk through parts of this quickstart with the Kitchener Waterloo Linux User's Group, you can find the video at the link below (paste the link into your browser since it seems to preview the first video when I paste the full link here):

archive.org/details/kwlug_meeting_2022-02-07 (click on the 2nd video - the first video isn't mine)

The PPT with some MS Paint diagrams I made are also on the main page: https://kwlug.org/node/1272

Last edited: