IoT & Blockchain Certifications

To buttress this argument for more certifications, I'm challenged to believe that an IoT device is anything other than a computer. Of course, I feel the same about switches and routers, and just about any other electronic device connected to a network other than a hub (or repeater). I'm open to being educated about how I'm incorrect in drawing this conclusion.

Steve - All valid points, shared by many reputable thinkers throughout the industry. However, several companies already have IoT certifications such as Cisco, IoT Inc, Cloud Credential Council, CertNexus, and others. IoT's impact is going to be mind-boggling—tens of billions of devices by 2020, with *trillions* of dollars of global impact by 2025. All industries whether automotive, residential, factories, public health and transportation, health and fitness, retail environments, manufacturing—you name it—will be inundated with device varieties. We'll have to learn some unique wireless communication methods, IoT-specific protocols, barriers-to-entry, infrastructure, privacy, and security considerations. Although I don't totally disagree with simply incorporating IoT into other certifications, the global footprint of IoT is eventually going to dwarf the "PC" industry. It just may very well take over the very certifications that are currently integrating it. That's just the devices—what about the ever-improving artificial intelligence poised to control them? We haven't seen anything yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stephen P

Stephen P

Aug 7, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Awesome job! How was the overall testing experience?
Jasper
It was a good experience. They use remote proctoring, so I took the exam from the comfort of my recliner.

The only drawback is that there is no way to take a quick run to the restroom, so careful planning is a must for those of us who are middle aged and above!

With IoT devices increasing by the billions, and Blockchain promising to revolution how transactions are conducted, have we reached the point where IoT and Blockchain certifications are in order?
I propose Next+ (AI, Blockchain, IoT, Mixed Reality/AR, 3D Printing, 5G)

Solution