I'm sharing the email string below (shown in reverse order), because I think it shows a great opportunity for IT instructors, students, and practitioners, as a way of getting back through participation in the ITDRC (www.itdrc.org). I'd encourage you to consider joining and sharing this information with your colleagues and students.

Sent: Monday, September 9, 2019 8:12 AM
To: [email protected]; West, Tobi; Santoyo, Sarah
Subject:Fw: ITDRC

Wanted to share this with you. As you know, when I do the interview with students wanting to participate in the CCAP apprenticeship program, I strongly suggest they get involved with a list of organizations (Infragard, ITDRC, etc.) as a way to network with cybersecurity professionals and build their resume. I'm asking Certification Magazine to accept an article that will relate to ITDRC and want to include our suggestion that apprentices join this volunteer organization.

Given what we've seen on last week's news, I've made the decision to meet the requirements associated with deployment (see attached completion certificates), and with the permission of RSCCD (hence the inclusion of Sarah), seek deployment relative to this recent disaster. I have enough unused vacation leave to do this.

Steve

Steve Linthicum, JD, CISSP
Professor Emeritus
Orange County Region Director - Industry Engagement
Information and Communications Technologies / Digital Media
Powered by California Community Colleges
(916) 300-7602
Email: [email protected]
https://ictdmsector.org/

Sent: Monday, September 9, 2019 7:51 AM
To: Certification Magazine Editor
Subject:Re: ITDRC

Probably based upon watching the news relating to the Bahamas, this weekend I went through and completed the requirements associated with deployment (see attachments and the email below). I view this as a great opportunity for volunteer service, and those having the IT-related skills need to consider. Hence the reason I'm suggesting writing an article.

Steve Linthicum, JD, CISSP
Professor Emeritus
Orange County Region Director - Industry Engagement
Information and Communications Technologies / Digital Media