Linux+ Applied Lab Keys

Tambra Moser

Feb 10, 2023
Hi there. Thanks for your reply. There are six applied labs: Lessons 3, 6, 9, 10, 12, and 16. These are different from the assisted labs in that there are few if any hints. I'm having to create my own keys for each one. It's been a frustrating process as sometimes the labs require commands/options/arguments that had not yet been covered in the text or videos. And sometimes the lab doesn't calculate the grades properly too. In the Lesson 6 Applied Lab, I know for a fact that I am entering the correct syntax for a soft link. I've checked it and checked it, but the auto grader says it is incorrect. I just want to know what the system wants as a response. Yikes.

Samuel Graeff

Jul 25, 2022
Curitiba - Brazil
Hello @Tambra Moser,

Unfortunately, I'm a bit frustrated, too, regarding the way this new material was implemented. The material related to the old XK0-004 came with some exercises, which were very good to reinforce the student's knowledge and abilities. I miss these exercises in this new material (Student Guide), and by putting them in a different place with different access keys, along with different content... yes, this could also cause frustration to the students that acquire just 'part' of the material. But, anyway, I recommend you to try talking to the CompTIA Customer Service by emailing them your request. You could talk to Annie Hafermann or Jennifer White, two excellent and very professional people who work there. The e-mail to reach them is [email protected].

Having never seen the XK0-004 material, I'm not sure what the comparison would look like. However, I just went though the first few pages of the Applied Lab for lesson 6 and didn't have any issues with it. The symbolic link seemed to work and grade fine as well. I also believe that the intention of the Applied labs is not to provide the full instructions on exactly what to type (which is different than the Assisted labs), but I personally think it is giving an appropriate amount of hints to be successfully completed. Having gone through all of the CM Learn and Labs product for Linux+ late last year I don't recall issues with the grading or content, but, yes, I have found some overall production lab errors in the past, but I don't recall any specifically for Linux+. I do agree with Samuel that asking for CompTIA assistance could be helpful. In the labs, under the Help tab, there are links to Report a Bug and Submit a Report Request. Those might be a good place to start.

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    Hello. Does anyone know where I can access the keys for the Linux applied labs? Some of the commands that are required are not necessarily in the text or videos. My students are very frustrated and so am I.

Advice? Recommendations?

Tambra
    For the keys to your applied labs, I'd suggest talking to your admin and/or comptia rep.

However, if you got queries about Linux commands, then the group may be able to help. :)