Meyers: Sec+ 601 retirement date pushed back to December 2024 instead of July

Rae Whitlock

• Jan 20, 2022
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Changes are coming in 2024. I know I have talked a little about some of the upcoming updates to CompTIA Certifications, but let’s talk more details. First and very exciting news is that CompTIA’s Security+ SY0-601 was initially set to retire in July 2024, but CompTIA has delayed the retirement until December 2024. If you are studying for the SY0-601 exam, keep on it. This is great news for students, but don’t let it slow your studies, let it reinvigorate your studies. Refocus and set your schedule to get it completed, so you don’t have to change the objectives you are studying.

CompTIA's site still says July, but I doubt that Meyers is making this up. I just wish that CompTIA would add a confidentiality clause when they tell the big-time instructors news like this first until they can make these announcements themselves. Same thing happened a couple of years ago when Messer announced that they were pushing back the retirement date of A+ 1001/02.

Reactions: Fanuel

CompTIA's site still says July, but I doubt that Meyers is making this up. I just wish that CompTIA would add a confidentiality clause when they tell the big-time instructors news like this first until they can make these announcements themselves. Same thing happened a couple of years ago when Messer announced that they were pushing back the retirement date of A+ 1001/02.
    Just not a big deal. I posted here last week after passing SY0-701 that the SY0-701 test had content I was presenting in my SY0-601 classes.

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
    Germany
    www.linkedin.com
    Just not a big deal. I posted here last week after passing SY0-701 that the SY0-701 test had content I was presenting in my SY0-601 classes.
    i is not totally inventing the wheel again. It adopts to the landscape changes in the IT. So there is an overlap with 601, and also stuff is teached in A+.