Microsoft Certifications

In today's "Microsoft Certified Trainer Newsletter" I found the following information interesting:
We’re excited to announce an upcoming update to our certification program and upcoming feature release on Microsoft Learn, enabling individuals to renew role-based and specialty certifications by passing an online assessment for free. Plus, new certifications earned by passing required proctored exam(s) will transition from a two-year validity to a one-year validity, and renewing certifications can be done annually within six months of expiry. Stay connected on MCT Central for more information.

Frankly I don't understand why I'm getting this newsletter. Suffice it to say I have not held that "certified trainer" designation for somewhere around 10 years. While I've been away from Microsoft Certification activities for a while, a while back did pass a couple of the Azure certifications. What I don't get is the announced reduction from a two-year validity to a one-year validity. Perhaps one of you could enlighten me as to what this means.

Steve

Reactions: AceT-Prakash

AceT-Prakash

Jun 26, 2020
Hicksville, NY
In today's "Microsoft Certified Trainer Newsletter" I found the following information interesting:
We’re excited to announce an upcoming update to our certification program and upcoming feature release on Microsoft Learn, enabling individuals to renew role-based and specialty certifications by passing an online assessment for free. Plus, new certifications earned by passing required proctored exam(s) will transition from a two-year validity to a one-year validity, and renewing certifications can be done annually within six months of expiry. Stay connected on MCT Central for more information.

Frankly I don't understand why I'm getting this newsletter. Suffice it to say I have not held that "certified trainer" designation for somewhere around 10 years. While I've been away from Microsoft Certification activities for a while, a while back did pass a couple of the Azure certifications. What I don't get is the announced reduction from a two-year validity to a one-year validity. Perhaps one of you could enlighten me as to what this means.

Steve
Thanks for sharing! MSFT giving us a run for the money?!🙂

Their certs are only good for a year now is what it sounds like to me, but you can renew for free?

I'm skeptical about that - since MSFT will tell you their stuff is changing so rapidly that it may be 'here today, gone tomorrow'. But is it really...?