Multiple CertMaster accounts?

Rae Whitlock

• Jan 20, 2022
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Asking this as a student, rather than as an instructor... I have a CertMaster account under my personal e-mail address, where I access my CertMaster CE and TTT/Instructor Guide materials. I'm also starting a bachelor's program which uses CertMaster, and I just received an email to my university email address about setting up CertMaster access. It looks like I'm going to have to set up a separate CertMaster account for school, and I'm wondering if it'll be possible to merge it with my current one, if it'll present a problem with attaining or renewing my certs, etc.

Thanks!

Jwehrle

Staff member
    Nov 12, 2019
    Hi Rae, one option you would have is you could change your personal information such as email address on your current Student account to your University email, this would allow you to carry over any current assignments. You would want to make sure to do this however BEFORE you take on any new courses. We would not be able to actually merge accounts. As far as any "Roles" in the system, your school (or CompTIA) can internally make these changes so that if you needed the higher level roles you would be able to do so. Please let me know if this helps

Rae Whitlock

• Jan 20, 2022
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Hi Rae, one option you would have is you could change your personal information such as email address on your current Student account to your University email, this would allow you to carry over any current assignments. You would want to make sure to do this however BEFORE you take on any new courses. We would not be able to actually merge accounts. As far as any "Roles" in the system, your school (or CompTIA) can internally make these changes so that if you needed the higher level roles you would be able to do so. Please let me know if this helps
    Cool, I'll give that a try and report back on how it worked. Thanks!

Rae Whitlock

• Jan 20, 2022
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Alright, so...

I changed the email I use to access the CompTIA SSO to my university email address. But now when I try to access my CertMaster materials when logged in through SSO, I get "There was an error logging you in." Then when trying to just log directly into learn.comptia.org with my new email and password, I get "Invalid Email or Password."

If I try to login to learn.comptia.org with my old (personal) email address, it still lets me in. I don't see a way for me to change my email address for that particular site; only SSO.

Any help, @Jwehrle (or anyone)?

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-01-24 12-09-04.png
      Screenshot from 2023-01-24 12-09-04.png
      126.5 KB · Views: 2
    • Screenshot from 2023-01-24 12-09-38.png
      Screenshot from 2023-01-24 12-09-38.png
      95.9 KB · Views: 2

Jwehrle

Staff member
    Nov 12, 2019
    Rae,

Thanks for passing this along. I do see 2 accounts in there for you currently. Can you please confirm which email address you are looking to use moving forward, and which courses you want to make sure to carry over? I will try to update on the back end and see if that helps clear it up. You may still need to login on the SSO site, but at the same point you may be able to get in either route. Once I am able to make the change lets take another run at logging you in

Rae Whitlock

• Jan 20, 2022
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Rae,

Thanks for passing this along. I do see 2 accounts in there for you currently. Can you please confirm which email address you are looking to use moving forward, and which courses you want to make sure to carry over? I will try to update on the back end and see if that helps clear it up. You may still need to login on the SSO site, but at the same point you may be able to get in either route. Once I am able to make the change lets take another run at logging you in
    I'll DM you shortly. Thanks for your assistance.