My Life in Retirement (Post-Teaching)

Below a message I spammed out today to the residents in my senior (55+) community:

As some of you know, I'm approaching full retirement from teaching in May as I leave my current role as an IT/cybersecurity professor at Saddleback College and National University. My efforts will then focus on volunteer activities as detailed on this Meals on Wheels website. Over this past month, I've been involved in providing a couple of residents with technology services as they move their Internet/Cable TV access from their existing carriers (ATT, DirectTV, Cox) over to T-Mobile. The primary reasons they have done that is improved service and a substantial cost reduction. Service here in the Village is a real challenge given the simple fact that ATT and Cox no longer appear to be maintaining their infrastructure (look at those boxes sitting near the street). A good contact at the T-Mobile store is:

Tyler Dresser
(760) 729-8214
[email protected]

If you are interested in considering this alternative I recommend that you take your service bills (Internet/TV/Cellular) to T-Mobile's store (down the hill next to Albertsons), and ask what sort of cost reduction you can expect switching over to them. Mention the Home Internet and T-MobileMagenta Max 55 program that provides discounts to seniors. My charge for setting the technology up is a $52.50 donation to Meals on Wheels or another charity of your choice.

Steve Linthicum

hosnypasha

Sep 9, 2020
Below a message I spammed out today to the residents in my senior (55+) community:

As some of you know, I'm approaching full retirement from teaching in May as I leave my current role as an IT/cybersecurity professor at Saddleback College and National University. My efforts will then focus on volunteer activities as detailed on this Meals on Wheels website. Over this past month, I've been involved in providing a couple of residents with technology services as they move their Internet/Cable TV access from their existing carriers (ATT, DirectTV, Cox) over to T-Mobile. The primary reasons they have done that is improved service and a substantial cost reduction. Service here in the Village is a real challenge given the simple fact that ATT and Cox no longer appear to be maintaining their infrastructure (look at those boxes sitting near the street). A good contact at the T-Mobile store is:

Tyler Dresser
(760) 729-8214
[email protected]

If you are interested in considering this alternative I recommend that you take your service bills (Internet/TV/Cellular) to T-Mobile's store (down the hill next to Albertsons), and ask what sort of cost reduction you can expect switching over to them. Mention the Home Internet and T-MobileMagenta Max 55 program that provides discounts to seniors. My charge for setting the technology up is a $52.50 donation to Meals on Wheels or another charity of your choice.

Steve Linthicum
(y) :giggle: