Network+

NATUNA

• Apr 9, 2020
    Viet Nam
    Really looking forward for the n10-008.
    Excited :)

I took the 1st network+ exam 2010. The certificate is GFL.
    If i take the new exam will it effect my old certificate?

Thank you

@Stephen Schneiter
    Oh your cerificate is too old. If you pass Net+ 008, you shall get the new Certificate (Network+ CE)

Really looking forward for the n10-008.
    Excited :)

I took the 1st network+ exam 2010. The certificate is GFL.
    If i take the new exam will it effect my old certificate?

Thank you

@Stephen Schneiter
    So, basically, if you have a GFL and get a CE, you'll actually show two credentials.

Additionally, the GFL certs *do* count for the CompTIA Stackables (we don't talk about those much around here, but...). It's a good idea to take the CE exams if you're able, but if you are GFL, you are forever certified Net+. If you don't have a GFL cert, then those certs go away if you don't renew in three years or keep your CE's up. Personally, for me, it's easier to just retake the highest exam, which is what I'll do for all my lower CE certs.

And if you lose your CE certs from inactivity, the GFLs will always remain...they are good for life (despite the skill sets they represent, which, to me, isn't a huge amount of change, really, all things considered).

Employers stipulate having the CE certs on the resume, for currency sake - so check that closely. Certs like MSFT put the older cert as a "legacy" cert, just because the cert is 2008/2012, for example, doesn't mean it's no longer any good in MSFT's eyes, it just means that it's good for those platforms and always will be.

/r