New Project+?

Soooo @Liz Wannemacher , what's this I hear about a potential upcoming renewal of Project+? :)

I'm getting curious!
I am taking Project+ in a week. Today, I got an email with the title "CompTIA Certification Evaluation" so I thought it requesting an evaluation on testing last week on the CySA+, however, I clicked and the survey started asking me questions about Project+ (005). I was so confused. I went back to the email and it said about the upcoming Project+ (005) ; )

NATUNA

• Apr 9, 2020
    Viet Nam
    I am taking Project+ in a week. Today, I got an email with the title "CompTIA Certification Evaluation" so I thought it requesting an evaluation on testing last week on the CySA+, however, I clicked and the survey started asking me questions about Project+ (005). I was so confused. I went back to the email and it said about the upcoming Project+ (005) ; )
    New version is based on PMBOK 7th Edition?

Reactions: XValentine

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    I got the same email.

Apparently, the new Project+ 005 cert is planned for 2022.

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
    the Netherlands
    www.kilala.nl
    We can now change the title of this thread to 'active beta'. :)

I just took the CompTIA Project+ PK1-005 beta exam this morning.

Copied from my blog:
    As has become tradition, I pludged the exam: i.e. I went in with zero preparation, only browsing through the exam objectives document.

My impressions of Project+ PK1-005 (to become PK0-005):
    • The curriculum is pretty wide, covering a number of different project management methods.
    • If anything, the focus on traditional project management feels a bit heavy compared to agile / scrum and their ilk. I guess that makes sense though, what with the target market for CompTIA still being American Enterprise, Government and Military.
    • The questions on the exam are as good as I'm used to from CompTIA: they do not want simple regurgitation of facts, they're testing for understanding of the concepts.
    Overall, I'm feeling pretty good about this update to Project+.

Will it be a valuable certificate for your resumé? Maybe not, with bigger brand names having more recognized project management certs. But will it rank up there with something like PSM-I or PSPO-I? Or something like PRINCE2 fundamentals? Yeah, probably.

Finally, do I think I passed? I expect I didn't: my experience and knowledge of formal project management, especially things like PRINCE2, is very meager.

Patrick Lane

Staff member
    Apr 29, 2020
    We can now change the title of this thread to 'active beta'. :)

I just took the CompTIA Project+ PK1-005 beta exam this morning.

Copied from my blog:
    Hi Tess, can we please use part of your statement above as a Project+ quote? So it reads like this: "The exam is not a simple regurgitation of facts; the exam tests for a clear understanding of project management concepts." Please let me know if that's okay. If so, we'll put your name behind that sentence, similar to all the product page quote boxes located near the bottom of each product page. Thanks!

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
    the Netherlands
    www.kilala.nl
    I hope you mentioned that they should also include the TM quote "As has become tradition, I pludged the exam"
    Ha :D I noticed that @Brian Callahan also used the term on his blog, though he missed a "g". :D

But no, I asked them not to quote me. I like helping here on CIN, but I don't feel well putting my name on a CompTIA sales pitch, especially for an exam that's outside of my specialization.

Ha :D I noticed that @Brian Callahan also used the term on his blog, though he missed a "g". :D

But no, I asked them not to quote me. I like helping here on CIN, but I don't feel well putting my name on a CompTIA sales pitch, especially for an exam that's outside of my specialization.
    Yup, I saw that too on his nice blog.