New Security+: closed beta?

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
the Netherlands
www.kilala.nl
So, we've all been hearing about the upcoming, new Sec+.

Me, I'm pretty excited about the new challenge, especially since I may end up teaching the class. Ssssoooo... are we sure there's no secret closed-beta people could try and get a seat on? ;) I had a blast with the PenTest+, CySA+ and Linux+ beta exams; those were fun!

@Stephen Schneiter has indicated that there's no beta, since the new version "is just an update". But hey, if The Professor says that 601 has 250 new topics compared to 501, that still sounds like a lot of changes that need testing.

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
the Netherlands
www.kilala.nl
Really?!?!? hhhhhmmmm.

Correct. No Security+ beta. But, Cloud+ beta will be released tomorrow, July 14. Just saying.
Aww man, why'd you have to do that to me?! :D

I don't have time for any of this, so much time going into making my Linux+ course materials on-the-fly. But man that's alluring.

EDIT: It's not up on the CompTIA news room yet, nor on the main site, so I guess I'll have to wait a few hours.

Reactions: Rick Butler
...but at least this'll give me a $50 recon mission ;)

The last time I had a $50 recon mission, it was back in High School. Oh, the monkeyshines from those days...

...and all for fifty bucks...which also paid for the celebratory snacks. But all that's another story.

/r

Whelp, for some reason the PV site is refusing to process my credit card payment, so I'll take that as a sign from on-high that I should just skip this beta.

I mean, it's not like I don't have enough on my plate already :p
Plate? You have a plate? All I got was a tiny little dance card!

Hello everyone! I am new to this platform, but not new to CompTIA.
Welcome to CIN (as I mentioned before). I'm pretty much the CIN chatterbox...the Stephens will attest to that. I just like building some community out here.

/r

Solution