now exam is 3year renewals by test

Until recently if you renewed a CompTIA certification by taking an exam your certification was not renewed by 3 years from expire date but date you took test on. If used CEUs and renewed early it renewed from expire date.

When I just passed Security+ and it renewed network+ and security+ for 3 years from expire date. So mine expire in 2027. I am glad they do this.

I agree with following but caveat for you. If you do then have a long expire date, nothing counts for renewal on that new cert date until you get in 3 year window to expire date.

Patrick Asamago

Oct 2, 2021
Until recently if you renewed a CompTIA certification by taking an exam your certification was not renewed by 3 years from expire date but date you took test on. If used CEUs and renewed early it renewed from expire date.

When I just passed Security+ and it renewed network+ and security+ for 3 years from expire date. So mine expire in 2027. I am glad they do this.

I agree with following but caveat for you. If you do then have a long expire date, nothing counts for renewal on that new cert date until you get in 3 year window to expire date.
This is great and wonderful to know.

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu

Yes - I noticed that too when I did Cloud+ recently.

I wonder if they stack up...

/r

Reactions: Ankit Shriwal