So as I sit here writing Anthology reports and installing Omarchy on an old OptiPlex 7070, and trying to work on my SC300 MSFT learning, I can hear Redmond crying now...
Okay, not really, but @jasoneckert should appreciate the joke. But I thought I'd share with all of you the next steps on the journey with my walk away from Microsoft and their incessant need to push Copilot into every corner of my life.
So, in my list of learn by doing stuff for Linux - here are my current personal research projects:
So, what are your side-table projects that you have rolling?
Okay, not really, but @jasoneckert should appreciate the joke. But I thought I'd share with all of you the next steps on the journey with my walk away from Microsoft and their incessant need to push Copilot into every corner of my life.
So, in my list of learn by doing stuff for Linux - here are my current personal research projects:
- 1) AlienWare X17R1 running Commodore Vision OS 3.1 - still waiting for 4.0 to come out
- 2) Surface 5 with Linux Mint - it's almost heresy, but these days, Microsoft and I are pretty much frenemies.
- 3) Puppy, then Lubuntu on a Dell Chromebook 3400 - I may switch this one up with Omarchy - Wow, had to pull the battery so I could clear Google's stranglehold and load a proper UEFI BIOS so it would even take Linux. Say goodbye, ChromeOS - I never really loved you.
- 4) AlienWare M18 running Ubuntu 26 - The divorce is still in place; I have not gone crawling back to
- 5) Avalanche OS on my old LG G Watch. Finally breathed life back into my ailing timepiece.
So, what are your side-table projects that you have rolling?