*** Passed 009...We Need To Talk ***

Cyber Russ

• Nov 5, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    www.facebook.com
    Team, I passed the new Network+ (N10-009)!

Let's talk...80 questions, which consisted of 6, let me repeat that, 6 PBQs.

Time will be a problem for most testers, in my opinion. I flagged the 6 PBQs and went right to the multiple choice questions. Since I have experience and teach this content, I was able to buy time by getting through the multiple-choice questions fast. Even by doing that, I still had a couple of minutes left after rushing through the PBQs.

Since more PBQs were added, I suggest reducing the amount of multiple choice questions for time purposes, or, reduce the amount of PBQs.

What do you think?

jarrelrivera

Aug 15, 2019
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    First, congratulations!
    I am yet to hear from my students re: N10-009 exam. I am surprised to hear that you had 6 PBQs. Wow.

To what I know, PBQs are counted in the total number of questions.
    90 questions maximum - should include any simulation and/or PBQs.
    I hope this is indeed the case.

Otherwise, CompTIA need to reconsider.

Gregory Childers

Oct 22, 2019
    Safety Harbor, FL
    www.linkedin.com
    I've never seen more than 5 PBQs on any CompTIA exam. That being said, I usually complete the exams with anywhere from 30-45 minutes left on the clock when I complete my exams. If testers are managing their time effectively, it shouldn't be a problem.

Cyber Russ

• Nov 5, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    www.facebook.com
    First, congratulations!
    I am yet to hear from my students re: N10-009 exam. I am surprised to hear that you had 6 PBQs. Wow.

To what I know, PBQs are counted in the total number of questions.
    90 questions maximum - should include any simulation and/or PBQs.
    I hope this is indeed the case.

Otherwise, CompTIA need to reconsider.
    Hello! Yes, the first 6 questions were PBQs with each question entailing multiple steps. I became confused with them, due to time pressure.

From my perspective (who teaches Network+), have a strong focus on the multiple choice questions to offset the point loss from the PBQs.

Let's keep in mind that most testers will get that version of the exam at first, but what are the others versions like? That is the question.

With Network+, many focus on subnetting. There was not a big presence of it.

Focus on PBQs, know your testing objectives, and you will be fine.

I've never seen more than 5 PBQs on any CompTIA exam. That being said, I usually complete the exams with anywhere from 30-45 minutes left on the clock when I complete my exams. If testers are managing their time effectively, it shouldn't be a problem.
    Do the PBQs count as a binary correct/wrong in the total scoring, or do we get partial credit?

Gregory Childers

Oct 22, 2019
    Safety Harbor, FL
    www.linkedin.com
    Do the PBQs count as a binary correct/wrong in the total scoring, or do we get partial credit?
    No one knows how the exams are scored. No one knows if all the multiple choice questions have the same weight or if there are unscored questions. No one knows how much weight the PBQs have or if partial credit is granted. No one knows.

abiodun1991

• Mar 17, 2022
    Nigeria
    minazconsult.org

Time will be a problem for most testers, in my opinion. I flagged the 6 PBQs and went right to the multiple choice questions. Since I have experience and teach this content, I was able to buy time by getting through the multiple-choice questions fast. Even by doing that, I still had a couple of minutes left after rushing through the PBQs.

Since more PBQs were added, I suggest reducing the amount of multiple choice questions for time purposes, or, reduce the amount of PBQs.

What do you think?
    Ok Noted

Edna Chimpeni

Jan 19, 2022

What do you think?
    Congratulations!

Trevor Chandler

Jul 4, 2020

What do you think?
    Only 6 PBQs? I was hoping for at least 3 times that amount. In my humble opinion, the more PBQs in an exam, the more weight on the bar! Thanks for sharing what you saw on the exam in terms of types of questions.

Wezzie Lukhere

Jun 26, 2023

What do you think?
    congrants

Ronald

• Jul 9, 2024

What do you think?
    Congrats on acing the Network+ (N10-009)! 🎉 With 6 PBQs and 80 questions total, I can see how time management was key. Thanks for sharing the tips!