passed Exam TK0-201 today...

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
Germany
www.linkedin.com
I will be doing it. Working in education for 15 years, it should be pretty easy for me.
I thought that, too. Did not spend much time on Preparation. Took the Engl. Version (German was available).
Some questions: What the Heck to you really want? B is Part of A, but the Best Answer?
others: So easy, are you kidding me..
Passed in the End.

But sure, for you that will be like a walk in the Park.

Michael

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
Cleveland, Ohio
So one to go, only the Videorecording to do, and see, that it get enough Points..
Anyone else going for the CTT before Expiring?
I am. I have it scheduled for January 17th. I haven't decided if I will do recordings for virtual, classroom or both. I have in-person and virtual classes coming up later in January and in February that would have lessons I can use.

I thought that, too. Did not spend much time on Preparation. Took the Engl. Version (German was available).
Some questions: What the Heck to you really want? B is Part of A, but the Best Answer?
others: So easy, are you kidding me..
Passed in the End.

But sure, for you that will be like a walk in the Park.

Michael
I appreciate your saying that, Michael.

Meanwhile, I have a few other obstacles to get through, first. :)

/r

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    Reactions: Fanuel

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    Yes, but I don't know yet about classroom or virtual, since my classes are hybrid and therefore both in person and online.
    I'd say, which ever you can do more easily while meeting the criteria for the video recording.

Recording the virtual class is easy co'z you can already record via zoom or teams. The challenge is ensuring that you show during the recording how to use the online tools, that the attendees are seen for atleast 20 mins, and that they interact with you - both on the chat and the online tools.

Recording inside the classroom can be tricky depending on workplace arrangements., due to privacy (which applie to virtual as well, of course). But then, you'll also need proper lighting, camera, microphone, and projector/screen.

If you can do both, and pay for both, then go for it. :)
    The cert is only til March 2023, so take it while it's available.

Reactions: Fanuel

KGreen

Nov 2, 2021
    I'd say, which ever you can do more easily while meeting the criteria for the video recording.

Recording the virtual class is easy co'z you can already record via zoom or teams. The challenge is ensuring that you show during the recording how to use the online tools, that the attendees are seen for atleast 20 mins, and that they interact with you - both on the chat and the online tools.

Recording inside the classroom can be tricky depending on workplace arrangements., due to privacy (which applie to virtual as well, of course). But then, you'll also need proper lighting, camera, microphone, and projector/screen.

If you can do both, and pay for both, then go for it. :)
    The cert is only til March 2023, so take it while it's available.
    <grin> Actually I was pondering both, since I'll be teaching more sessions in Spring and should have a bit more $$ to compensate. </grin>
    My real problem is that on most days I use 2 methods, and 3 or more are encouraged for the submission. (slides, whiteboard) I'm interactive/chatty anyway instead of lecture based so that's not a problem. [ If my students wanted to just hear lectures, there are fine videos and audio books I can recommend. I'm there for discussion, Q&A, and relating WHY those things were selected out of all possiblities as important to learn, what it means to them, and future implications. ]

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    As for methodologies, it is true that the use of 3 or more methods is encouraged.
    You'll more likely use slides and whiteboard. That's 2 already.

Prepare some handouts that you can give to the students at the start of the class. That's considered as another method. For online recording, this needs to be seen that you've indeed shared a file to the group using the conferencing tool.

Within the slides, have an activity of multiple choice quiz. That's considered as another method. For online recording, if you can use MS Forms, or the quizzing tool of your conferencing tool, then that'd be great!

Also within the slides, you can do a compare & contrast activity, like which one is correct or what changed? For online recording, ask your students to use the annotation tool or the chat tool.

Also within the slides, you can do an investigative check, like show the script on screen then the students point out the wrong ones, or identify what is missing. For online recording, ask your students to use the chat function, or the annotation tool.

In your recording, you can ask the students to work in pairs, or as one group and do an activity. That's another methodology. For online recording, utilize the breakout rooms if available.

Hope this helps. ☺️

KGreen

Nov 2, 2021
    As for methodologies, it is true that the use of 3 or more methods is encouraged.
    You'll more likely use slides and whiteboard. That's 2 already.

Prepare some handouts that you can give to the students at the start of the class. That's considered as another method. For online recording, this needs to be seen that you've indeed shared a file to the group using the conferencing tool.

Within the slides, have an activity of multiple choice quiz. That's considered as another method. For online recording, if you can use MS Forms, or the quizzing tool of your conferencing tool, then that'd be great!

Also within the slides, you can do a compare & contrast activity, like which one is correct or what changed? For online recording, ask your students to use the annotation tool or the chat tool.

Also within the slides, you can do an investigative check, like show the script on screen then the students point out the wrong ones, or identify what is missing. For online recording, ask your students to use the chat function, or the annotation tool.

In your recording, you can ask the students to work in pairs, or as one group and do an activity. That's another methodology. For online recording, utilize the breakout rooms if available.

Hope this helps. ☺️
    YES!!!!! Thaaaaaank Youuuuuuuu!!!!!!