Piggybacking Certifications

Wow, with just $$ I can double my A+, Network+, and Security+ related certifications.
https://www.eta-i.org/information_technology.html

I provide this information with two questions in mind:

Does this action by the ETA increase or decrease the value of these CompTIA certifications?

Does this action by the ETA decrease the value of certifications in general?

Thoughts?

I saw this a few years back. Personally, I'm not a fan, because it only appears that ETA is looking to collect money for someone else's cert.

I've only met one person that actually had an ETA cert. I don't see a lot of value in a cert that is not widely known.

I don't think it changes the value, either way. because a lack of recognition.

/r

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
the Netherlands
www.kilala.nl
Man this ETA thing looks odd.

Unknown certs from a company I've never heard of, that you can get "free" (roll-over) by proving you already have the CompTIA cert and then paying more money. I don't even get what the point is, unless they managed to get buddy-buddy with some government to be their official, required cert-provider vs CompTIA.

Right. I heard about these folks a few years ago - one of our computer instructors was all goo-goo-gaa-gaa about ETA. I, too, didn't see the point. I know ETA is respected in more of the Electrical Technology circles - where computer support is more adjunct to ET. But I guess they have this thought that if you've already proved your skills to one well-known body, why bother with others?

Anyway, just not my scene.

/r