Practical AI for Instructors

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    As a follow-up from our CIN Instructor Toolbox webinar about how AI may be incorporated into course delivery, I thought we could keep the conversation going here in the community. Do you have a best practice for using AI in your course? Do you have examples or prompts you would like to share? Do you have an AI resources you would like to share? Maybe you have a question about using AI in the classroom. Let's talk about it here.

Looking forward to sharing! If you missed the webinar, you can view the on-demand session.

Cool Whip

Aug 21, 2023
    Like I posted in the chat during the webinar, I use these prompts, as both a pre-written prompt, and on the other hand to kind of see, "how" a good prompt can be written, and use it as a guide for writing my own prompts to the particular task at hand.
    Regards,
    Curtis

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
    Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    It was asked during the session today about CompTIA's plans for a certification around AI. It just so happens that a press release went out earlier that is starting to define work on the horizon. Thought I would share it here for anyone interested. As always, stay tuned to CIN for more updates! 😁

Attachments

• 02-27-2024 CompTIA AI Product Press Release.pdf
      162.8 KB · Views: 40

RodneyJackson

Feb 21, 2023
    As a follow-up from our CIN Instructor Toolbox webinar about how AI may be incorporated into course delivery, I thought we could keep the conversation going here in the community. Do you have a best practice for using AI in your course? Do you have examples or prompts you would like to share? Do you have an AI resources you would like to share? Maybe you have a question about using AI in the classroom. Let's talk about it here.

Looking forward to sharing! If you missed the webinar, you can view the on-demand session.
    Hello, Stephen.
    I really enjoyed the CIN toolbox webinar on AI today. I have a new perspective on how AI can be a powerful tool for everyone. We can’t control how everyone uses AI. If everyone chooses to embrace AI for the right reasons, what a powerful tool to have in our toolbox. Keep up the good work!

So, just for fun, I asked MSFT Copilot:

What best practices are there for using AI in college course development?

Students and instructors are increasingly embracing AI technologies, including ChatGPT (GPT-4 as of March 2023), for various learning goals across disciplines. However, there is no one-size-fits-all best practice for their use. As an instructor, here are some guidelines to consider when integrating AI into college course development:
    1. Start Small: Rather than implementing AI across the entire curriculum, begin with smaller, focused applications. Gradually expand as you gain experience and confidence.
    2. Partner with Reliable AI Providers: Collaborate with trustworthy AI providers to ensure successful integration. Reliability and ethical considerations are crucial.
    3. Foster Ethical and Critical Thinking: Encourage students to critically evaluate AI-generated content. Discuss the opportunities and limitations of AI tools, emphasizing responsible use.
    4. Engage with AI Tools in Person: Whenever possible, interact with generative AI tools alongside students during class. Alternatively, share AI-generated responses and prompt students to analyze them.
    Remember that responsible adoption of AI technologies involves ongoing reflection and adaptation within each discipline, major, and course.

Femi

Jan 21, 2020
    Sheffield,UK

Hi Stephen,

Once again thank you for yesterday session on the practical use of AI, and how it can be use for personalizing learning experiences. It was an informative session by John Guise. Looking forward to the next sneak peak of Network+ N10-009.

Regards
    Femi Adegbite

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
    Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN