Project+, Listed as one of the top 13 Project Management Certifications

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    I've always had a bit of difficulty marrying up my IT expertise with my PM training. In 2007, I graduated with a Masters in IT and PM (it was a blended degree). I took that degree because, prior to my program, I knew nothing of Project Management, so I felt I needed to be more conversant in PM in my IT techie role. Six MS level classes taught me that, while intriguing, I didn't want to be managing projects as my core function. Once in a while, yeah, okay. But it wasn't something on which I wanted to focus. I've always wondered if PM was more a deer trail within the IT growth track. Hard to say.

At least I'm able to work my way around in MS Project. And I have some tools to use, particularly this quarter when I get to upgrade servers at the College and be a PM as a one-man band.

Perhaps I'll add Project+ to the stack o' certs that I attempt sometime before I reach obsolescence. Meanwhile, I have a pretty formidable pile of certs through which I'll be navigating this year.

/r

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
    Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    I've always had a bit of difficulty marrying up my IT expertise with my PM training. In 2007, I graduated with a Masters in IT and PM (it was a blended degree). I took that degree because, prior to my program, I knew nothing of Project Management, so I felt I needed to be more conversant in PM in my IT techie role. Six MS level classes taught me that, while intriguing, I didn't want to be managing projects as my core function. Once in a while, yeah, okay. But it wasn't something on which I wanted to focus. I've always wondered if PM was more a deer trail within the IT growth track. Hard to say.

At least I'm able to work my way around in MS Project. And I have some tools to use, particularly this quarter when I get to upgrade servers at the College and be a PM as a one-man band.

Perhaps I'll add Project+ to the stack o' certs that I attempt sometime before I reach obsolescence. Meanwhile, I have a pretty formidable pile of certs through which I'll be navigating this year.

/r

It sounds like with your experience @Rick Butler you should be able to walk in and sit for the Project+ exam without any issue. It is not a heavy lift. Project+ is geared to be a basics in PM skills that would help anyone get a better understanding of projects and roles. WHenever you decide to add it to your list, it should not be a huge time expenditure in prepping. ;)

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    It sounds like with your experience @Rick Butler you should be able to walk in and sit for the Project+ exam without any issue. It is not a heavy lift. Project+ is geared to be a basics in PM skills that would help anyone get a better understanding of projects and roles. WHenever you decide to add it to your list, it should not be a huge time expenditure in prepping. ;)
    Hi Steve: Well, I'll take that into consideration. As you know, I'm doing the Irongeek this quarter, probably get the Cloud+ Essentials after that. Project+ might be an interesting addition to my stack o' certs. But I appreciate your confidence for sure - it does mean a lot!

/r

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
    Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    Hi Steve: Well, I'll take that into consideration. As you know, I'm doing the Irongeek this quarter, probably get the Cloud+ Essentials after that. Project+ might be an interesting addition to my stack o' certs. But I appreciate your confidence for sure - it does mean a lot!

/r

I think we should brand the Irongeek! That would be cool! CIN Irongeek. Actually I think @Lee McWhorter has already earned it with all the certs in 12 months. You guys are rocking this community! Keep it up!

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    I think we should brand the Irongeek! That would be cool! CIN Irongeek. Actually I think @Lee McWhorter has already earned it with all the certs in 12 months. You guys are rocking this community! Keep it up!

Well, it could be a CIN badge. Meanwhile, I think I might have a few out there needing issuing...needing to pimp out my profile a bit. And if Irongeek gets some official recognition, then gimme a badge for that!

Oh look, 25 posts...another badge.

*cackles*

/r