Question of the Week #13

How relevant is this question to you as an Instructor?

• Very relevant

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Not sure what to do to put my students in the best position

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No relevance

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rich Pernai

Staff member
  • Oct 4, 2021
    Happy Tuesday!

I hope you all enjoyed the last question of the week, and thank you to all who participated! We really value the thoughts and questions that our CIN members and we are taking your feedback and will be sure to follow up with some information to answer your questions. There is no need to worry if you missed this Giveaway as I am sure there will be more in the near future.

This week we are starting on a Tuesday, but the answer will still be provided for you on Friday. As always, who’s got the answer for the Question of the Week?

Question:
    What are YOU doing today or what CAN you do to put your students in the best position to pass the certification exam?

There are multiple answers to this question, so feel free to share!
    Enjoy the rest of your week, and check back in Friday for our answer!

Happy Tuesday!

I hope you all enjoyed the last question of the week, and thank you to all who participated! We really value the thoughts and questions that our CIN members and we are taking your feedback and will be sure to follow up with some information to answer your questions. There is no need to worry if you missed this Giveaway as I am sure there will be more in the near future.

This week we are starting on a Tuesday, but the answer will still be provided for you on Friday. As always, who’s got the answer for the Question of the Week?

Question:
    What are YOU doing today or what CAN you do to put your students in the best position to pass the certification exam?

There are multiple answers to this question, so feel free to share!
    Enjoy the rest of your week, and check back in Friday for our answer!
    Make sure that each student reads and understand all of the exam objectives.
    Just because they are in the materials you cannot be assured that students read or understands the objectives.
    Just because you stood in front of the students and went over the objectives item by item you cannot be assured that students understand your first restatement or interpretation of the objectives.
    I try to check to make sure that individual students comprehend those objectives by linking them to presentation materials, activities and questions.

Give them the tools, understanding, and curiosity to learn on their own.

...of course I agree with the importance of objectives, classroom management, content, content delivery, etc, but those are the givens (the tangibles that they are paying for). There are also the intangibles which can enable them to learn and question things on their own. That's what they need to be successful.

Learn why the right answers are right AND why the wrong answers are wrong.

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    With most of my job time being spent as a field practitioner, I do these things:

1) Equipper - At IntelliTec, I spend a lot of time looking and studying how we deliver content to our students - not just for Computers, but all of our programs. I build and maintain those systems, work with our Academics crew and many times, just try to keep the wheels turning.

In the Army, we had this term: "Force Multiplier". That's what I see myself as being - someone who seeks to amplify what others will do. Looking for technologies and capabilities that help magnify what instructors can do - more students, more content, more efficiency in delivery - that's one of the things I enjoy doing.

2) Evangelist - I talk certifications with students at our campuses, instructors, even general staff. In general, whomever will listen to me pontificate about the benefits of certification will aid in exciting me about what I do. Now and again, I'll crash a class and be that impromptu guest speaker. But anywhere I can find IT students and fellow practitioners out there who are willing to work for their own success, the more I like my job (beyond hours staring at a firewall, trying to get it to take VPN connections - which is less fun, particularly when it's not working).

My evangelism role also extends here to the CIN. @Stephen Schneiter has often tagged me a "CIN Ambassador", which does me honor, but I'm just happy to be a part of the conversation - to talk to great folks all around the world and rub shoulders with people that I respect as instructors and experts. And I'm sure there's probably one person out there who thinks the same of me. But isn't that what it's about? Not here for a long time, but here for a good time.

How's that?

Carlos Miranda

Jul 31, 2019
    Ventura County, Ca
    I try to give students as many options to help them learn the best possible way. If they need multimedia, I may recommend something more visual. Study guides seem to work best for students who can focus and are self-learners. I use tools like Kahoot and create quizzes to use gamification to help them compete to understand concepts more than a traditional exam.