Question of the Week #2

Bianca Scola

Feb 3, 2022
Hello Everyone, we are so thrilled with all the engagement over the past week! To expand off of our first question, here is our next...

As an Instructor, what type of access do I have within the CompTIA learning platforms?

We look forward to reading and engaging in your responses! See you this Friday for the answer.

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    I think that depends on whether you are provisioned within CM any place. Since CM is more product based, potentially, the instructor would have that particular product and it would be for a year.

I know for the CM stuff we get from the TTT sessions, that runs out in 30 days. But we get a digital copy of the text, a PDF of the student and instructor guides, as well as secondary materials. The TTT instructor will get CM Learn/Lab for the duration of the TTT that provides additional training resources for the sessions.

/r

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
    Germany
    www.linkedin.com
    Its depending on the Product also. There are the Labs (Inside / outside learn.comptia.org) PBQ Questions, Assessment Questions, Flashcards, the Ebook of the Course, Videos, (so, mostly all the Self Learn Stuff that Students get also).
    edit:
    With inside Outside of the Labs: i mean, older Versions you have a speparate Link to access them on Skillable, newer Course will have the Link direktly in CML.

I.

Last edited:

Bianca Scola

Feb 3, 2022
    I think that depends on whether you are provisioned within CM any place. Since CM is more product based, potentially, the instructor would have that particular product and it would be for a year.

I know for the CM stuff we get from the TTT sessions, that runs out in 30 days. But we get a digital copy of the text, a PDF of the student and instructor guides, as well as secondary materials. The TTT instructor will get CM Learn/Lab for the duration of the TTT that provides additional training resources for the sessions.

/r
    Rick, yes we certainly give the access during the "trial" TTT sessions. Which is a wonderful way to see what resources and access is provided to the instructor when they are using the products for long periods of time.

Bianca Scola

Feb 3, 2022
    Its depending on the Product also. There are the Labs (Inside / outside learn.comptia.org) PBQ Questions, Assessment Questions, Flashcards, the Ebook of the Course, Videos, (so, mostly all the Self Learn Stuff that Students get also).
    edit:
    With inside Outside of the Labs: i mean, older Versions you have a separate Link to access them on Skillable, newer Course will have the Link directly in CML.

I.
    Michael, certainly! So many resources available to the instructor in certmaster learn! do you find that there has been improvement from the older versions to best support instructors now?

Reactions: Jwehrle
    Lee, what a great feature right? Do you find the data helps you engage with your students better?
    Yes, it is helpful to be able to see self-paced student's progress to better support and encourage them. We don't use this for our classroom program, but of course we have the student in class 8 hours a day and use other means to assess them.

Reactions: Jwehrle

Bianca Scola

Feb 3, 2022
    Yes, it is helpful to be able to see self-paced student's progress to better support and encourage them. We don't use this for our classroom program, but of course we have the student in class 8 hours a day and use other means to assess them.
    We are thrilled that you find it helpful to engage and encourage your students! Makes sense that it is best supported for self-paced students!

Jwehrle

Staff member
    Nov 12, 2019
    Lee, I love that you are utilizing these features in the "Self-Paced" environment as well, something we can't stress enough that adds tremendous value to a program where even though the course is not being actively taught in an ILT environment, the grading and reporting features can still be very useful, thanks!

Reactions: Lee McWhorter