Question of the Week- #5

YolondaMurray

Staff member
  • Oct 8, 2021
    I don't understand the question. 'My Reporting' is referring to the reporting that the instructor does for the student on items they have completed? Or is this a reference to reporting on a student to a larger organization, like the student's company (if they are the one that is paying for the course)?
    Hi Jeremiah. Yes, we are referring to the reporting that the instructor views and dissects within the learning platform in relation to the course the Instructor is facilitating.

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    Well, the Instructor has the ability to look at a student's progress, individually. The instructor can also assess the performance of a group (class) in a composite fashion, to see where the group may be struggling as a whole. This also has the extra added benefit of the instructor finding holes in their instructional approach. The part of this that I actually like is being able to download the results. This effectively will allow the instructor to create a more composite report based on a larger sample. This has the benefit of helping instructors to optimize the curriculum they use.

YolondaMurray

Staff member
  • Oct 8, 2021
    Well, the Instructor has the ability to look at a student's progress, individually. The instructor can also assess the performance of a group (class) in a composite fashion, to see where the group may be struggling as a whole. This also has the extra added benefit of the instructor finding holes in their instructional approach. The part of this that I actually like is being able to download the results. This effectively will allow the instructor to create a more composite report based on a larger sample. This has the benefit of helping instructors to optimize the curriculum they use.
    Rick, this is a brilliant piece with just the right points needed to support our answer to this question of the week. Would you mind if we stole some of this content, crediting you as the author, of course? Everyone should know this for sure.

Jwehrle

Staff member
    Nov 12, 2019
    Excellent points Rick and it sounds like you have established some nice best practices. We will certainly expand on this, and for everyone in this forum, we are happy to expand and explain further as well, thanks!

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    Rick, this is a brilliant piece with just the right points needed to support our answer to this question of the week. Would you mind if we stole some of this content, crediting you as the author, of course? Everyone should know this for sure.
    Help yourself! Once in a while, I can articulate a few things and make sense. :p

/r

Reactions: YolondaMurray

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    Excellent points Rick and it sounds like you have established some nice best practices. We will certainly expand on this, and for everyone in this forum, we are happy to expand and explain further as well, thanks!
    I've been knocked over the years for being a textbook kinda guy, but really, I'm just another one of those lazy professionals that doesn't feel he has to make a name for himself by creating weird processes or custom configurations. The mindset has served me well over the years, because it also means I don't have to stand alone when defending my point.

Leaves more time for drinking coffee.

/r

Reactions: YolondaMurray

Edna Chimpeni

Jan 19, 2022
    Brilliant and is a very effective method.