Question of the Week #7

YolondaMurray

Staff member
  • Oct 8, 2021
    Hi Everyone. We would love to see some more engagement on our Question of the Week #7, and here it is:

The Instructor/Manager/Mentor does not see the progress of individual Students/Learners in the “Boost Dashboard”. What could be the cause of this and how can this be remedied so that you can see the analytics for your Students/Learners?

So instructors only have visibility to the students that they directly manage. Supervisors can see all of them, but an instructor would need have direct management of a student to see them in the Dashboard.

And if they still don't see any progress from the student, it's probably because that student isn't making any. But the instructor would be able to see that. :)

/r

YolondaMurray

Staff member
  • Oct 8, 2021
    So instructors only have visibility to the students that they directly manage. Supervisors can see all of them, but an instructor would need have direct management of a student to see them in the Dashboard.

And if they still don't see any progress from the student, it's probably because that student isn't making any. But the instructor would be able to see that. :)

/r
    It's so important that we mention the access that Institution Supervisors have. Thank you. And, as you mentioned, the Instructor would need to have direct management of their students in order to see their reporting. We will be fleshing out 'direct management' in our Answer segment on Friday as well. Knowledge is Power! Thank you Rick.

Knowledge is Power!
    Actually, philosophically, I have never agreed with this statement - because assimilating knowledge without purpose isn't powerful, and knowledge itself is just data. It's my belief that power flows to and through the ones that take the knowledge and use it to do good things. Like any other resource, knowledge is meaningless without a place to apply it, the will to use it, and the strength and resilience to make it endure.

That's true power - and the one that is capable of transforming a life from the inside out.

/r

YolondaMurray

Staff member
  • Oct 8, 2021
    Actually, philosophically, I have never agreed with this statement - because assimilating knowledge without purpose isn't powerful, and knowledge itself is just data. It's my belief that power flows to and through the ones that take the knowledge and use it to do good things. Like any other resource, knowledge is meaningless without a place to apply it, the will to use it, and the strength and resilience to make it endure.

That's true power - and the one that is capable of transforming a life from the inside out.

/r
    That's actually beautiful. "For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.”