Registration for Security+ 601 TTT Series Announcement

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    Welcome to 2021! We are kicking off the new year with Security+ TTT!

Join us beginning February 16th for the CompTIA Security+ SY0-601 Train-the-Trainer (TTT) series. This series is offered to provide support for instructors seeking to gain a better understanding of technical concepts and exam preparation as you prepare to teach the latest cybersecurity offering from CompTIA. We are please to announce Peter Thompson from Firebrand Training will be our instructor for the series.

Sessions will be held Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 1:00 – 3:00 pm CT. Please note our first session will be 30 minutes longer, 1:00 – 3:30 pm CT. as we will be joined by Patrick Lane, the Security+ Product Manager as he addresses some of the changes to the certification.

Register for the series now to save your seat!
    CIN Webinar Banners-TTT ON24.png

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
    the Netherlands
    www.kilala.nl
    Wow, am all fired up to attend my first TTT event. I have Registered to attend the event, just one more doubt do we also get voucher for attempting the exam as well ?
    Dunno, good question. It'd defo be a nice bonus, but just the fact that it's free training by itself is an awesome service from CompTIA.

Reactions: Manu
    Wow, am all fired up to attend my first TTT event. I have Registered to attend the event, just one more doubt do we also get voucher for attempting the exam as well ?
    I would suspect that would be the case. I've not heard anything to the contrary. So you have to either attend all the sessions or catch the recordings within a specified timeframe. /r

Registered!
    Hi Donna. Welcome to the instructor network. A consistent pattern is that if you "attend" all of the sessions you will be rewarded with voucher. I do however expect that the benefit will involve some proof of instructor status. I know as an example there was a recent change for free vouchers that are issued to CompTIA Academy faculty, at least here in California that Brian Mazelle with CompTIA must approve their issuance.

Reactions: Manu

Manu

• Dec 24, 2020
    Last edited:
    Reactions: Tess Sluijter

Join us beginning February 16th for the CompTIA Security+ SY0-601 Train-the-Trainer (TTT) series. This series is offered to provide support for instructors seeking to gain a better understanding of technical concepts and exam preparation as you prepare to teach the latest cybersecurity offering from CompTIA. We are please to announce Peter Thompson from Firebrand Training will be our instructor for the series.

Sessions will be held Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 1:00 – 3:00 pm CT. Please note our first session will be 30 minutes longer, 1:00 – 3:30 pm CT. as we will be joined by Patrick Lane, the Security+ Product Manager as he addresses some of the changes to the certification.

View attachment 248

Hi @Stephen Schneiter !!

After passing Network+ today, I'm hopping on the security track with CompTIA as that's a certification I'm going to build in with my junior high school students next year and CCNA with my seniors. Lots going on! Can't wait for this series to begin!

-Jason

Rick Riddle

Jan 22, 2021

View attachment 248
    How can I get access to watch the webinar after business hours? I am an Adjunct and have a full time job during the day.

How can I get access to watch the webinar after business hours? I am an Adjunct and have a full time job during the day.
    All of the TTT sessions are recorded and are generally available to watch about three hours after the end of the event from the On24 platform. You'll still want to register, but once you complete the TTT session after the fact, you get credit. You'll need to finish all the sessions timely to qualify for the voucher. But if you're not able to make a session, you'll always have the opportunity to make it up.

And even after the window is closed for the voucher, the TTT sessions (as well as other webinars) are available in the resource area of the CIN site.

/r

View attachment 248
    On this!!!!

Does attending all of this series count towards CE?
    I am also not finding where the recorded sessions are that I missed. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?
    Hi, Each session is worth 2 CEU credits and there are 10 total sessions. To get the CEU credit, you must attend or watch 110 minutes of the session material. In your email box, search for the Webcast emails for CIN TTT - Security+ SY0-601. There are weblinks in each email for each Session #. You are able to go back and watch any of the sessions. Remember to download your CEU certificate for each session.