Ruh Roh...More Bad Press for Gemini AI

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    Because of all the AI buzz, I had to do a blog post explaining and positioning it that instructors at my college can direct students to.
    Here it is in case anyone finds it useful or wishes to share it with their students: https://jasoneckert.github.io/myblog/demystifying-ai/

Gregory Childers

Oct 22, 2019
    Safety Harbor, FL
    www.linkedin.com
    This is why I am going to be on the trailing edge of the entire AI party.

It really is a fundamental level of trust.

I have a fundamental zero trust on almost everything.

But since I'm nowhere close to retirement and it appears that AI will have an increased presence in the future, I plan on learning as much as I can about it so that I can help others use it safely, securely, and ethically.

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    I have a fundamental zero trust on almost everything.

But since I'm nowhere close to retirement and it appears that AI will have an increased presence in the future, I plan on learning as much as I can about it so that I can help others use it safely, securely, and ethically.
    Right there with you. I'm sitting in the General Session for Anthology Together 24 in Orlando and they're talking about how AI is even rewriting Moore's Law in capability.

Like anything, it can be used for good or evil. And I guarantee, the use of AI aligns to the motivations of humanity, with money, power, and influence driving so much of what humanity even does.

It's terrifying. That's why I am looking forward to Dr. James Stanger's upcoming talk because I also need to address my own cynicism - not towards data driven AI, but towards how people, who I believe are tilted personal self interest, will employ AI and whether they are trying to convince us that improving the human condition equates to profit and power.

And that's about as challenging as the AI cat-dog problem.