Seeing some incorrect labs, are there solution guides?

YolondaMurray

Staff member
  • Oct 8, 2021
    Hello All,

In summary, I’m looking for Instructor solutions to the Applied Labs. I’m find some incorrect answers: such as both routers need to be 192.168.10.1 & 192.168.10.1 which is a collision.
    I would like to see what they are looking for as an answer.
    Jason C. Rochon
    Hi Jason. Which certification is this in relation to?

Tip&Trick - if you complete a help request, it will prompt you with the necessary information needed to address your query.

Last edited:

jcrochon

Jan 26, 2021
    Plano, IL
    waubonsee.edu
    Hi Jason. Which certification is this in relation to?

Tip&Trick - if you complete a help request, it will prompt you with the necessary information needed to address your query.
    For that issue was the CertMaster Learn + Lab for Network (N10-008).
    Generally speaking, I wish that I could find a Solution or Hint for Applied Labs, just to make sure students are doing what the Applied Lab is looking for.
    For Server (SK0-005) Applied Lab. The only hint would be when they Score it would say, “DNS misconfiguration”. After verifying all the DNS, I’m not even sure what they are looking for. Is the platform bugging or did I miss something. I’m currently certified in the CertMaster Learn + Labs that I teach, so I even can troubleshoot it through a Command-line of Linux and Windows and I’m still lost in what it’s looking for or it’s another broken lab.

I cannot remember each lab across the multiple CertMasters I teach, but it has come up a lot of times being a platform issue that was resolved the next day.

In summary, there should be an Instructor Resource on the Applied Labs to have resolve issues.

Jason C. Rochon

Hello All,

In summary, I’m looking for Instructor solutions to the Applied Labs. I’m find some incorrect answers: such as both routers need to be 192.168.10.1 & 192.168.10.1 which is a collision.
    I would like to see what they are looking for as an answer.
    Jason C. Rochon
    The correct answer would be E) Somebody did not proofread this one.

Reactions: jcrochon

jcrochon

Jan 26, 2021
    Plano, IL
    waubonsee.edu
    The correct answer would be E) Somebody did not proofread this one.
    Yes. There has to be an answer guide for instructors to see what is the answer. Then they can send a report out to students stating Lab 12 is broken: it should be .25 but they are looking for .16 as the answer. This would stop the chase down the rabbit hole. I’m troubleshooting some of these labs on a scripted and tools level that these students wouldn’t have seen until senior level experience. That’s why I’m expecting a solutions guide, especially the ones that don’t have support.

Jason C. Rochon