So You Want to be an Online Professor

As some of you know effective June 30, 2020, I am retiring from the California community college system. One of the consequences of retiring is that I cannot teach for California's public educational institutions for a period of 180 days (meaning until after December 30, 2020). After that date, I can begin teaching and because I want to stay off of California freeways, I've decided to focus efforts on qualifying as an online instructor, available to serve our California students. To do that I must satisfy college requirements, which include completing training as an online instructor. I wish they were uniform, but with 115 colleges and 72 districts, uniformity is out of the question. The best way to go is for me to take an online course provided by @One. This 12-week course will enable me to teach online IT/cybersecurity courses as a majority of the colleges. My sense is this current situation will result in the online courses will increase and after the emergency will continue to be more commonplace as students get use to being training in this manner.

I am curious Steve where CTT+ Virtual Instructor certification fits into this requirement?
Unfortunately no. About a year ago I tried to connect the @One people with CompTIA (I believe it was Tazeen) to see if there could be some sort of a relationship where those completing the @One course could qualify at CTT+ if they completed the CompTIA written exam. That did not go forward, likely as the result of the lack of interest by the @One people. The reverse, having the CTT+ qualify as meeting the @One requirements, given the 120 hours (12-week course with an estimated 10 hours per week), is likely way beyond what is required for those providing CTT+ training.