Something we as Instructors can do for CompTIA

As I work towards an eventual retirement, I keep pushing that off because I believe that I still have something to offer students and organizations like CompTIA. I want to give you a sense of what I'm talking about because I firmly believe all of us, as teachers, need to provide learning content support for those who we work for (students), and those who support us. A couple of weeks ago, Debra McCraw with CompTIA, asked if I'd be interested in providing content relating to CompTIA's blogging efforts. Given what CompTIA has done for me over the past couple of decades, I was more than willing to do so. Published on their blog today was the product of that request. Titled "Understanding Network Data Delivery: Layers 2 and 3 of the OSI Model", it served as an attempt to provide learners with a simplified version of addressing at these two layers. Hopefully, it proves useful.

I point to this effort because I think all of us should consider giving back to great industry organizations like CompTIA. I encourage you to reach out to Debra if you are interested in volunteering in a similar effort to promote our role in education.

Steve

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    I completely agree with @Steve Linthicum and there is a lot we can give back as instructors assisting those working towards certification. I would also say that those efforts could begin here in the community also! The same content that would have value in public blogs could also have value to those here in the community and/or their students! Please don't forget to share explanations, insights, tips and tricks here in the community as well.

Wendel Neves

Nov 19, 2020
    I am new to this world of CompTIA instructors, but I think it's a wonderful idea of you guys to keep sharing your knowledge with everyone else, I strongly believe that is because of those that do this, that do not keep the knowledge for themselves that the world is a not so bad place rs.

From one of the guys that got here because of this sharing of content, here is my "thank you", straight from Brazil :D

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
    Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    I am new to this world of CompTIA instructors, but I think it's a wonderful idea of you guys to keep sharing your knowledge with everyone else, I strongly believe that is because of those that do this, that do not keep the knowledge for themselves that the world is a not so bad place rs.

From one of the guys that got here because of this sharing of content, here is my "thank you", straight from Brazil :D

Welcome @Wendel Neves to the world of CompTIA instructors! We are glad to have you in the community! I look forward to "seeing" around the forums and participating in webinars and events!

What certs do you teach?