Sort of Retired

I'm happy to say that all of my fall semester grades are in, and I'm enjoying a workload for this month that is almost nothing. I am teaching a single course in digital forensics that for some unknown reason has only one student, requiring adjustment since a number of the assignments are designed to be done by student groups. For the final project, I've designed a special project that will involve assisting the student by co-authoring an article that relates to identifying available free resources that relate to learning about digital forensics. When done, my plan is to submit it to Certification Magazine for potential publication (I'm a periodic article submitter there). It should be interesting, as we detail resources like:
Digital Forensics Basics Course

And yes @Rick Butler we will be identifying some of the resources you've identified.

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    And when my name is spoken, I come crawling out of the woodwork to find out what's going on....

Absolutely, as before, if there are resources to put into the Cyber Cache, I will be more than happy to add them, and hopefully folks will get the benefit, particularly with the upcoming PenTest+ TTT, as I'm quite certain that @Lee McWhorter will have plenty of new toys for us.

Maybe one of these days, I should start writing again. I gave that habit up back in 2007, after a seven-year run writing reviews for Microsoft Certified Professional/Redmond magazine. It was fun to see my name in actual print, but after everything started going to online modality, it was less fun. But that's how things happen.

Congrats, @Steve Linthicum on the quasi-retirement, but I have a feeling that you'll still be lurking about.

/r

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
    Germany
    www.linkedin.com
    And when my name is spoken, I come crawling out of the woodwork to find out what's going on....

Absolutely, as before, if there are resources to put into the Cyber Cache, I will be more than happy to add them, and hopefully folks will get the benefit, particularly with the upcoming PenTest+ TTT, as I'm quite certain that @Lee McWhorter will have plenty of new toys for us.

/r
    Hello Rick,
    no offense, but check your personal Messages (Conversations) here. I send you a bunch of links to be added in Dez. Would not useful to start a second list by myself, to add content there easier, then Mailing someone.

Regards
    Michael

Reactions: Fanuel
    Hello Rick,
    no offense, but check your personal Messages (Conversations) here. I send you a bunch of links to be added in Dez. Would not useful to start a second list by myself, to add content there easier, then Mailing someone.

Regards
    Michael
    I haven't had much of a free moment to add those. I'll get to them as quick as I can.

/r

The article that I mentioned in the first posting in this forum string was finally published on Certification Magazine's website. You can view it by clicking HERE. Great to get my student and co-author recognition (see below):

Helena Trukki is a National University student pursuing an undergraduate degree in cybersecurity with a concentration in digital forensics.