Took the CloudNetX Beta today

Brian Wafula

• Mar 30, 2023
    Nairobi
    wafula.me
    I was honored to be chosen to be among the first to acquiree the CloudNetX inception version certification. I completed the exam today.

Advanced cloud networking skills across multiple providers, particularly cloud connectivity technologies and solutions such as VXLAN, GENEVE, CMDB, ZTNA, Wifi-6, WPA3, Wireguard VPN, DEVOPS, IaC Resource provisioning and configuration, Version Control secrets management, and QoS, were heavily featured in the exam.

Some Performance Based Questions were slightly difficult, while others were outright simple if you have actual cloud networking abilities, particularly in VPC peering, WAF, Application Gateway, and NSG configuration.

It was a rewarding challenge that I eagerly accepted to supplement my practical abilities across a wide range of cloud technologies, and I am confident of passing when the results of this beta exam are revealed in January 2025.

abiodun1991

• Mar 17, 2022
    Nigeria
    minazconsult.org
    I was honored to be chosen to be among the first to acquiree the CloudNetX inception version certification. I completed the exam today.

Advanced cloud networking skills across multiple providers, particularly cloud connectivity technologies and solutions such as VXLAN, GENEVE, CMDB, ZTNA, Wifi-6, WPA3, Wireguard VPN, DEVOPS, IaC Resource provisioning and configuration, Version Control secrets management, and QoS, were heavily featured in the exam.

Some Performance Based Questions were slightly difficult, while others were outright simple if you have actual cloud networking abilities, particularly in VPC peering, WAF, Application Gateway, and NSG configuration.

It was a rewarding challenge that I eagerly accepted to supplement my practical abilities across a wide range of cloud technologies, and I am confident of passing when the results of this beta exam are revealed in January 2025.
    Congratulation sir,

Jill West

• Sep 13, 2019
    Dalton, GA
    Interesting--I took this exam earlier this week as well, and I had almost no questions on the more advanced technologies you've listed. For me, it was almost like they took 2/3 of a Net+ exam and 2/3 of a Cloud+ exam, and then meshed them together. Only one of the four PBQs was significantly challenging. Many of the questions were pretty low on Bloom's levels, and very often, the wrong answers were clearly wrong (rather than being almost-right-but-not-quite). One question was completely wrong. (Three of the options gave IP addresses containing "300" as an octet, and the other option couldn't be correct for other reasons--I left a comment on this one.)

That said, I thought they did a good job of representing multiple cloud platforms. As they explained at Partner Summit last year, this exam is not "vendor neutral" as much as it is "vendor agnostic." You kind of need some familiarity with multiple cloud platforms (and not just the Big Three). A handful of questions also threw a lot of information at you, and you need to apply an effective process of elimination to get to the answer.

Topics I saw a lot of or was surprised by:

Subnetting (needed to know the basics of calculating subnets), cloud gateways, troubleshooting (though typically not highly technical or complex), DNS, topology types (surprisingly a lot of questions), Direct Connect and similar, load balancing, switch hierarchy, Wi-Fi, documentation, firewall rules, ZTA, and GitOps

Comparing this beta to the Cloud+ beta earlier this year, the Cloud+ beta was much more challenging.

Gregory Childers

Oct 22, 2019
    Safety Harbor, FL
    www.linkedin.com
    I just completed the CloudNetX beta exam. I thought this one was much more challenging than either the Network+ or Cloud+ exam. I had 115 questions, with 4 PBQs. Two of the PBQs had a ridiculous amount of detail. Hopefully, neither one will make it into the live exam.

I had quite a few questions about command-line tools. Linux has always been a blind spot for me, so I generally have a tough time with those questions. Hopefully, I can build up those skill sets by preparing for Linux+. There were also a lot of questions about hybrid architecture. I also thought the exam objectives did not map well to the questions I saw on the exam. I am already mentally preparing for the retake when it goes live next year.

abiodun1991

• Mar 17, 2022
    Nigeria
    minazconsult.org
    I just completed the CloudNetX beta exam. I thought this one was much more challenging than either the Network+ or Cloud+ exam. I had 115 questions, with 4 PBQs. Two of the PBQs had a ridiculous amount of detail. Hopefully, neither one will make it into the live exam.

I had quite a few questions about command-line tools. Linux has always been a blind spot for me, so I generally have a tough time with those questions. Hopefully, I can build up those skill sets by preparing for Linux+. There were also a lot of questions about hybrid architecture. I also thought the exam objectives did not map well to the questions I saw on the exam. I am already mentally preparing for the retake when it goes live next year.
    Congratulations