Toolbox - Virtual Teaching 2.0 - Keep the Convo Going

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    Hello everyone -

Thank you so much for joining us for the webinar today. It was a lot of fun to do.

So here's a short list of the things I used for the toolbox today.

Software
    • Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) v27 - v28 still has some complexities with NDI, so I'm still on v27.
    • Microsoft Whiteboard - Stock with Windows 11 (from the MS Store)
    • On24 - Presentation platform
    Hardware Tech
    • Computer - Alienware X17 r1 with Core i9, 64GB RAM and nVidia 3080 (you don't need that much power, but it helps)
    • Cameras
      • Alienware integrated laptop panel camera
      • Logitech 920c - Primary face camera
      • Logitech Mevo Start - Down point camera
    • NDI plugin for OBS Studio, NDI HX app for mobile
    • FocusRite Scarlett 2i2 Analog to Digital Audio Interface - Connects XLR or 1/4" audio inputs into USB
    • Audio Technica System 9 Wireless Mic System
    • Green Screen - Two large swathes of green fabric from Walmart's sewing section, tied together with safety pins
    • Huion model H610 drawing tablet
    So anyway, there is so much for us to learn from each other - so, this thread is here for those comments, thoughts, suggestions, questions, and what not.

It's your turn - let's hear what you got!

/r

Joao Farinha

Jan 21, 2022
    Portugal
    Great session Rick, thank you!

Keeping students engaged is really a must. I really like the interaction using polls, just like you typically use in sessions like this and the TTT sessions. Looks like you're using built-in On24 features. Anyone has experience/suggestions for other tools to allow students to vote real-time? Preferably something that works with MS Teams (that's what we're using here).

Thanks!

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    Anyone has experience/suggestions for other tools to allow students to vote real-time? Preferably something that works with MS Teams (that's what we're using here).
    So, right off the cuff, MS Teams does support Polling. This little video from MS Education should walk you through the process. Obviously, it's going to be contingent on what your 365 tenant admin has available for you (or if you're not a GCC/DoD customer, where polling is not available).

/r