Training Tool for Corporate Training

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    Hello @Jamie Ahinasi-Blondy, I think this group will be able to give you some feedback. If I might get started, I would ask for a little more information, such as what type of training are you going to offer, Security+, preparing attendees for certification or what do you have in mind?

Jamie Ahinasi-Blondy

Jan 5, 2022
    Hello @Jamie Ahinasi-Blondy, I think this group will be able to give you some feedback. If I might get started, I would ask for a little more information, such as what type of training are you going to offer, Security+, preparing attendees for certification or what do you have in mind?
    @Stephen Schneiter, Thank you Stephen for your kind reply. So, I intend to start with Security+ and I think in some instance, i would be preparing them for certification. There are other times I might just give them a little insight into some aspect of the Security+ base on the needs identified at the time. Yea, so I start with security+.
    Thank you

@Stephen Schneiter, Thank you Stephen for your kind reply. So, I intend to start with Security+ and I think in some instance, i would be preparing them for certification. There are other times I might just give them a little insight into some aspect of the Security+ base on the needs identified at the time. Yea, so I start with security+.
    Thank you

Have you selected a training curriculum?

I would say the basics would be:
    1. The overview information on the certification, itself
    2. The certification objectives.
    3. CertMaster Learn for Security+ - ELearning/Official Curriculum materials
    4. CertMaster Labs for Security+ - Virtual Labs
    5. CertMaster Practice for Security+ - Exam Practice Testing
    There are other various videos and other training solutions out there, such as ITProTV, Udemy, Cybrary, with some of the instructors for these resources frequenting CIN.

/r

Clay Hampton

Sep 28, 2020
    From the looks of you wanting to start with Security+ related training. I know a fun interactive lab or concept to do is to crack password hashes. What I would do for this (if you wanted to do it yourself), is to use a Kali Linux VM, the Rockyou wordlist, and a tool like John the Ripper or Hash cat.

You could take a random entries in the list of that wordlist and run it through a hashing algorithm like MD5 and then have them perform a dictionary attack on the hashes.

Reactions: Mallia

Jamie Ahinasi-Blondy

Jan 5, 2022
    Have you selected a training curriculum?

I would say the basics would be:
    1. The overview information on the certification, itself
    2. The certification objectives.
    3. CertMaster Learn for Security+ - ELearning/Official Curriculum materials
    4. CertMaster Labs for Security+ - Virtual Labs
    5. CertMaster Practice for Security+ - Exam Practice Testing
    There are other various videos and other training solutions out there, such as ITProTV, Udemy, Cybrary, with some of the instructors for these resources frequenting CIN.

/r
    Thank you, this is very helpful

Jamie Ahinasi-Blondy

Jan 5, 2022
    From the looks of you wanting to start with Security+ related training. I know a fun interactive lab or concept to do is to crack password hashes. What I would do for this (if you wanted to do it yourself), is to use a Kali Linux VM, the Rockyou wordlist, and a tool like John the Ripper or Hash cat.

You could take a random entries in the list of that wordlist and run it through a hashing algorithm like MD5 and then have them perform a dictionary attack on the hashes.
    Appreciated Sir.

Reactions: Mallia